What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Builders in South GA/North FL

Scream

Guys, thanks for being a good group of dudes and helping out the newcomers.

One more newbie question: Is there anyone building/flying near Valdosta, GA that would mind me looking at their airplane? I want to build an 8, but it does not matter what type I look at. I just want to wrap my mind around what I am in for. I am about four months away from saving enough pennies for a tail kit and tools... Thanks again!

ATTACK!

RV Builder

Got a buddy who has a RV-8 He lives in Morvan Ga. Name is Lee Ballard look him up he also has a strip there.

Sandersville...

Lots going on there at the moment.
Also, I'm sure Pierre Smith up at Louisville wouldn't mind you stopping by! I think they've got a -7 in process, as well as a flying -6A and a -4.
Have fun!!

Any ol' time is OK...

....for me. I'm here 7 days a week unless there's an EAA happening on a Saturday, then I'm home by 2:00 pm. As Bill mentioned, my -6A (we can go fly it) and a -4, plus the -7A QB in the back of my hangar.

Regards,

Falcon RV Squadron-Falcon Field, Peachtree City,Ga

Falcon RV Squadron-Falcon Field, Peachtree City,Ga

Come visit! Hangar behind Aircraft Spruce. 37 rv builders/owners here. One of guys just retired from Moody and has an RV-8. There is an 8 builder in VLD but he is deployed.

I learned to walk as a child in VLD when my dad was based there and later learned to be an AF pilot there. Met my wife there. Was a T-37 IP there.

Moody RV-8s

Thanks for the replies. One of the -8 builders at Moody is a member of this forum; I have seen his project and it really motivated me to get started.

I am just getting back from 5 months overseas and am still getting situated. I will take you up on a visit in the near future. I will PM before I plan a trip north.

My wife is about to pickle our first child so I am careful about getting too far away from the fix. As soon is this happens I will be on the road!

Thanks!

-Scream

Last edited:
"Pickle"

My wife is about to pickle our first child so I am careful about getting too far away from the fix. As soon is this happens I will be on the road!

Thanks!

-Scream

Perhaps an explanation of term "Pickle" might be in order for the non-military types reading the forums!:D

I have a 8A in progress just up the road in Warner Robins. I am bouncing between firewall forward, wiring, panel, and "oh yeah, I've been meaning to do that..." work. You are welcome to stop by sometime. We also have a nice Museum of Aviation not too far away.

I'm in Jax, borrow a plane from work, fly to NAS JAX and i'll pick you up. RV8180 is building an -8 with an AIO-390 Catto 3 blade composite.. good looking plane, wiring panel now.

call me, (832) 860-3239, i'll take ya down to EAA 1379 couple RV's there three -4's a -7, an -8, and an -8 under construction, as well as others

Back