What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight

Chino Tom

Well Known Member
Patron
Today N531PK mader her first (and second) flight. No issues. No heavy wing and no rudder input needed at cruise. I feel lucky. All engine gages in the green. It will take some getting used to the AFS 3500 EFIS/EMS after the steam gages in my six. MANY THANKS! To my wife Lori who put up with countless nights and weekends alone as I pounded rivets at the hangar. To Jerry Scott whose library of knowledge and helping hand was always graciously provided. To Todd Ehlinger for hanging around all TANK Day. To John Hughes, who I wish would start building again. And to the rest of the Chino Power Squadron, Dave K., Dan C, Ken J., Laird (honorary member) O., Brad, Scott, Eddie, Mike and Dan 0.5 for their encouragement over the last 4 years. The completion of a dream is never accomplished alone.

And now for the RV-8A pose......

n531pkfirstflight029amm7.jpg

Last edited:
Familiar Scene

Feels like a fine airplane doesn't it. There are a lot of RVs launched out of Chino - mine included. You probably have the same test box east of French Valley. Enjoy the ride.

Bob Axsom

Congrats Tom!!! Beautiful looking plane you got there. Every in N.TX give me a ring. Lunch on me.

b,
d

Nice!!!

Hi Tom,

Great job. Glad you are back in the air with a RV!!! You'll love the glass. Enjoy. Be safe.

Tom,

Congrats and I hope to join you soon. I am actually asking for some test space that includes Chino so maybe can get by to visit.

greg

FIRST FLT

Congratulations! That's a real achievement and you've done it twice. The plane looks beautiful, too. Can't wait for mine, hopefully next year. Bill

but how did you get away without the Chino paint scheme?

With any luck, the rest of the Chino Power Squadron will paint their airplanes now ;)

Good job Tom.

Look forward to flying your wing again (but it'll probably take awhile to get used to the nose wheel) :p

Back