What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pending EarthX TSO certified battery release

EarthX Lithium

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Thank you to all of you that have been reaching out to EarthX about when the ETX900-TSO certified aircraft battery will be released. The FAA assured us this would happen before the end of 2018 and we should send out the press releases even (which we choose to wait thank goodness). When it was apparent this wasn?t going to happen, as they said the holidays slow things down, they said for sure in the first couple weeks of January. The government shut down has directly affected EarthX as I am sure it has many of you. We know many of you have multiple aircrafts, and a mix or experimental and certified and have been waiting eagerly for this release, which I can assure you, we have too! We just wanted to update you on the status of the situation.

Congrats Kathy. My battery is doing great and the booster pack has helped the team a few times already.

Hope the Cert shows up soon.

Thanks Axel and we are very happy you are enjoying the products! Take care! And we will for sure announce when the final sign off is for the certified battery!

Kathy- Will this essentially be the ETX900-VNT? I’m currently installing a pair of those incredible batteries in the cabin of my plane to achieve a fully redundant twin battery system designied so that either can be used as primary with the flip of a switch, but it will be impossible to inadvertantly discharge both after an undetected alernator failure.- Otis

Last edited:
Kathy- Will this essentially be the ETX900-VNT? I?m currently installing a pair of those incredible batteries in the cabin of my plane to achieve a fully redundant twin battery system designied so that either can be used as primary with the flip of a switch, but it will be impossible to inadvertantly discharge both after an undetected alernator failure.- Otis

Hi Otis,

Yes, the ETX900-VNT and the certified battery are built exactly the same. The difference will be one is for experiemental and one for certified aircraft. For a certified aircraft, you need one more step which is an STC or a Part 337 in order to install it.

I get requests all the time for pictures of how people install them, if you are willing, we would love to see how you installed the ETX900-VNT as a picture is worth a thousand words.

Hi Otis,

Yes, the ETX900-VNT and the certified battery are built exactly the same. The difference will be one is for experiemental and one for certified aircraft. For a certified aircraft, you need one more step which is an STC or a Part 337 in order to install it.

I get requests all the time for pictures of how people install them, if you are willing, we would love to see how you installed the ETX900-VNT as a picture is worth a thousand words.

Thank you Kathy- That news really confirms my choice of the EXT 900-VNT! Also, I was happy to discover the two-into-one vent kit you have added to the product line since I bought my pair of 900?s and have ordered a pair of them.And I?ll definitely be documenting my project here on VAF. It will be set up as a completely symmetrical pair, such that either battery can be serving as primary to the main bus at any given moment, and the other remains available through its essential loads bus but cannot be discharged by main bus activity in the event of an undetected alternator failure. The really cool part is that the whole system will weigh less than the single PC680 it is replacing!- Otis

Back