What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Delta Pop UAT/ADS-B Antenna

Brantel

Well Known Member
Just wanted to give a good thumbs up to my friend Don Pansier's low drag UAT antenna that I am using with the dual band GDL-39 ADS-B receiver.

After a few dozen flights with this antenna I can say that it looks and performs great.

Last edited:
Quick Data Point on the Comm Antenna

I am in the final throws of Phase 1 at 36.5 hours and am using all Delta Pop antennas: Two comms, ADS-B and Transponder.

Yesterday I was flying very loose with another RV westward into Hoquiam and was about 25 miles out. I was not getting the ASOS, asked the other RV in our flight who was about 400 feet below me and about 1/2 mile to the south. He was able to pick up the ASOS.. I thought I was on the wrong freq, kept fiddling, and about 5 miles later it started to come in.

So, I am not saying it was the antenna, but I found it interesting and am going to look into it.

I was using the GTN 650 radio which should have plenty of power/reception, have run RG-400 and kept the run clean.. Have had no other issues with this radio.

Maybe the GTN squelch can be adjusted or something?

Maybe it was line of sight issue as there were some low hills between us and the airport..

Anyway, other than some additional research I do love the look and experience I am getting with these antennas.

Thanks

Different radio's can have different squelch settings.

Don makes great COM antennas that are well proven as well. If the install is good, I would look at the squelch setting.

Just defeat the squelch and listen. If the signal is clear then your internal set up menu squelch adjustment needs adjusting.

Another Thumbs Up

I give another thumbs up to Don's low drag UAT antenna. I installed it with my new GRT Hxr/Radenna SkyRadar D2 panel and it works great!

Don makes great COM antennas that are well proven as well. If the install is good, I would look at the squelch setting.

Another big thumbs up for Delta Pop antennas. I've got an upper and lower COM and I'm receiving ATIS on both 5 miles from the airport while in the garage. Thought for sure there were hills in the way. Also getting transponder interrogations and ocassional ADSB traffic.

Back