What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone with a GRT Sport nr LZU

walkman

Well Known Member
Does anyone fly a Grand Rapids Sport, either the wide screen or regular screen? I'm considering their EFIS and would like to look at one first hand. I'll fly out to meet you if you aren't near LZU. As if I need an excuse for that :D

Got one in my -4...

In Covington. Let me know if you'd like to meet up! Email: rvpilot "at" carbotech.com

If you can't hook up with a Sport, I'm in AVL with the older WS model H1.
It is my understanding that the display and pilot interface is nearly identical.

Fly up to Shelbyville, TN (KSYI) and take a look at the guys building LSA Arion Lightnings and Jabirus at Jabiru USA. They use the newest GRT stuff-- which is really a lot nicer than the old WS system! The screen resolution is excellent and the synthetic vision with the newer processor and bigger screen is awesome.

Just give them a call first to make sure they'll be around. Mark has GRT EFIS screens in his RV-9A, too. Look them up at usjabiru.com and flylightning.net I'd show you myself, but I'm nowhere near the south right now.

Last edited:
Katie is of course correct. The new displays have better resolution than the older WS displays. I cannot do synthetic vision (but I'm OK with that due to the steal I got when purchasing) :D

My comment on display similarity was not qualified with the condition that Sport and H1 displays of similar age will have similar pilot interfaces.

A WS Sport looks and tastes like a WS H1, etc.

the point

is that I want to see if the 7" sport display is appropriate for my needs. I want to see the cheaper older display not the big expensive new one :)

walkman your PM's are full

I have a D10A with remote compass and all that I am bout to put on the market

Back