What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bismark, ND

Jaypratt

Well Known Member
Mentor
I have to fly my RV8 there some time. Never been in that state. I saw that they have the lowest unemployment in the US right now. Sounds like the people must be resorcefull and have good food, the dinners will be fun to eat at! Any RVers in North Dakota.

North Daktoa

Jay,

Can not help you with any RVers in Bismarck, I left there 30 years ago and will return when I retire. What struck me was your comment that the people must be resourceful. One of my first interviews after I graduated from the University of North Dakota was with a geo-physical company in Dallas. During the interview, the interviewer said that they hired their technicians exclusively from North Dakota. I asked why? He said when you tell those farm boys that they have 10 days on (and could be 24 hours a dau) and 4 days off. They would ask - What's the catch? There has got to be a catch. The interviewer asked, the 10 days on? The North Dakota kid would say no the 4 days off!

True story

Dave Syvertson
Sugar Land, TX

Be careful in North Dakota! It's one of two places in the world where the more you drink the uglier the women get!

I am in North Dakota, about 130NM from Bismarck. (6ND6 private).

There are a few RVer's in ND, we even have a bronze lindy winner RV8 in Casselton. (Bob Miller 127RM)

I would love to meet you if you come up, give me a heads up.

My lovely wife is from the Great state of North Dakota (hence Dakota Queen) great people and fun place to visit. But go in the summer do not go in the winter brrrrrrrrrrrrrr:D

Yes, make sure you come up in the summer--It usually lasts from the middle of June to the middle of August(ha ha-kinda).

We do have lots of CAVU days in the winter, but shooting for highs of zero is not fun. It kinda takes the fun out of flying if surviving a forced landing means freezing to death.

Back