What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Plenum development help needed....

rvpilot

Well Known Member
As some of you may have seen in an earlier post, Team Tango has developed a very nice plenum which requires very little effort to install. They need someone who is located near Williston, FL, has an RV (preferably -6, -7, or -9 (A) with 0-360) with the cowl fit, ready for the baffling. They would like to use it to modify their plenum inlets to fit the RV cowl.
I saw the plenum first hand today, and it is a really nice, high quality piece. Because of the work necessary to make the plenum inlets fit the cowl, they were not able to modify it at my hanger today. However, from what I saw, once the pieces do become available, I believe anyone should be able to install the kit in a day, probably less! They had the top installed on my friends engine in less than 10 minutes!
If anyone is in their area and willing to help out, shoot me a PM and I'll forward it on to them.

1003349r.jpg
1003354.jpg

Thanks!

Bill, I'm not near FL so can't help there. You did not mention the RV-8. Do you know if they plan on making the plenum for this series of aircraft? Thanks

Morning All,

Just to reiterate. We'd like to borrow a -7 -8 so we can develop a plenum that would be a simple bolt on for owners of those airplanes. We'd have the plane for maybe two weeks and the owner would get a free plenum out of the deal. If you're interested, give us a call at (352) 528-0982 and ask for Denny. We're based at x60, Williston, FL.

Additionally, our EAA chapter is having a pancake breakfast this Saturday morning and we're expecting several RV's from the local area. Our airplanes will also be available.

Peter Mercuro
Director, Business Development
Team Tango
732-801-4829
(352) 528-0982 Build Center

Morning All,

Just to reiterate. We'd like to borrow a -7 -8 so we can develop a plenum that would be a simple bolt on for owners of those airplanes. We'd have the plane for maybe two weeks and the owner would get a free plenum out of the deal. If you're interested, give us a call at (352) 528-0982 and ask for Denny. We're based at x60, Williston, FL.

Additionally, our EAA chapter is having a pancake breakfast this Saturday morning and we're expecting several RV's from the local area. Our airplanes will also be available.

Peter Mercuro
Director, Business Development
Team Tango
732-801-4829
(352) 528-0982 Build Center

Hi Peter,
I talked to Bennie earlier this week.
I can't part with my 7A for a few weeks for your fitting. My setup would be a bit different as I have the forward induction setup which makes the inlets a bit different than the standard setup.
I'll try to make it up there this weekend for your breakfast.
Maybe I can bring a few of our EAA chapter members as well.

Back