What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

stick grip wiring

kevin O

Well Known Member
Doing a trim coolie hat switch on stick grip and how to run wires through stick. See lots of talk about not drilling holes in stick but can't find anything RV 10 specific. Anybody have experience here?

I have no intention of drilling holes in the stick to run the wires, I plan on just attaching them to the outside of the stick, and I am going to hide the whole mess with a boot, similar to a shifter boot in a car.

The 10 stick is not too conducive to internal wiring, as you have no doubt found out.

Good luck.

I disagree

I have no intention of drilling holes in the stick to run the wires, I plan on just attaching them to the outside of the stick, and I am going to hide the whole mess with a boot, similar to a shifter boot in a car.

The 10 stick is not too conducive to internal wiring, as you have no doubt found out.

Good luck.

I'm not sure I agree with it not being conductive to internal wiring. Notwithstanding the posts about weakening the RV8 stick, The RV10 stick is a different geometry entirely. I ran the wires inside and out the back : http://deemsrv10.com/album/Final Assembly/slides/DSC06947.html I can't see as how you could humanly put enough torque on the place where the wires exit as to cause a problem.

(OK light the fires :eek: )

Deems, no fires.

My reference was more to the top of the stick, and getting the wires inside in the first place.

It can be done. I have an Infinity stick grip and have routed the 17 wire cable thru the control column. Two holes were drilled, one at the bend in the top and one at the bottom facing forward. A little tight but it can be done.

Back