What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

W&B Software

CraigC

Well Known Member
I am looking for weight and balance software. Any ideas? pros and cons of what you use? Thanks.

Do you mean for calculating CG based on weights and stations? In the past I have just used a spreadsheet for that, like Excel. Usually nothing extra to buy depending on your computer. Of course you have to set it up yourself but you're not stuck with someone else's format, either.

AvInfo W&B

I recently posted this in the Safety Forum:

For those of you that have a U3 Smart Drive, there is a small aircraft weight and balance program that is available, and the best part is it's free. According to AvInfo it: Provides the ability to display weight and balance for small aircraft carrying up to 6 people with a single fuel arm and up to 2 baggage areas. You can define your own aircraft specific limits and store named passengers.

Sys Req: U3 Smart Drive (a USB flash drive), MS Win 2000 & XP, printer
(optional)

When you set up the U3 Smart Drive, go to *Add Programs then *U3 Download Central and then U3 Utilities. You will find AvInfo toward the bottom of the list.

Here is what the website for U3 says:
"Meet the next generation of USB flash drives: the U3 smart drive. It's
what's inside that makes them smart.

Carry and access your files easily
Keep your data safe and secure
Comes with pre-loaded software
Hundreds of software titles available"

I set it up for another aircraft I own and it seems to work well, plus you can take the Smart Drive with you and plug it into any computer.

Excel W&B file

Emailed you the Excel file I've been using. Sent one for an -8, so it should be plug and play!
Have fun!

talk to your inspector

My inspector happened to have a specific preadsheet for w&b that he wanted me to use, so make sure check on your inspector's preferences.

Back