What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Colorado RVs

mchargmg

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I know there are a lot of colorado RV drivers. There is a thread in the General section advocating for a Colorado forum. For now, I figure this can be our forum. If you are a Colorado fan, post here. Here is my ride parked up at Leadville.

I fly an RV-6a out of KFLY (Meadow Lake) Colorado.
pvkmvP-6ZWJXRu1i8d_YZr7vDlkjCurVAiAvoB6tCOhO_kXRV4ANexQ7RFi8CDelOEVFN0SbjGFr28WGciQLCh5nLm4fbub1RhMVUlGdKlgnA2n9ENoAmr-iszKgeP3T70xmSkYJNKefaH3nlNSYFJ5xdDgoexSAP-5c2oCP4EmcVZULm2ngAh9_CLuAUknFY4LzPHxOwOTEBDtXmOl6oeR-wvPtnLFyM1nBBPANMdZBkIpbSK6h0wYb3SZQZ-lUU0xqpjJdpzXOT7hII-j2ouRnvnaoUOHnv7DKjmQTI_-7Oeg7pd2UuPjnXmbPLvgSBultqxgF1sM3IEauDZ7rIZaWvHT6PPoU48ShD21L11zmkj11skuTqgn2eXGB0d3vjqq08YLps_xoQhb5N-Vkx5e465bwO_84evZfPAFkKUwW6IxsjBNJCAHIdy8jCikZ6-zwMvG0DS0_csB872YXhyeWtR1aOJ5Mi8DrDChUPeQKy5KV3L1ShC3BckwEfpxKh36NtdCvapCtmz_qD724njNJUjIlUFhCdSzl45di4wUoqCkY6ePnqu9NGP3RFRPhBjn-tg8RTuemhugEekiFvr1EI3bK04AtXktDPkyscC4e3zDgcJK6=w1160-h768-no

Kgxy here

I'm out of KGXY, and if all goes well, my -6 and I will get our checkride done in the first few weeks of January. It's a bit of a long story, but I'm starting to feel like the world longest and oldest PPL student.

Sure do love the RV though...mine is a basic 150hp fp airplane, but it's everything I wanted for now!

Someday I'll start breakfast hopping and meet some of you guys. Also just bought a condo up at Granby so once I get the PPL ticket going to start getting some mountain instruction too...

KFNL

Located at the Fort Collins - Loveland airport.

My RV-7A first flew in 2009 after about a 4.5 year build

paint2.jpg

pD8j6m5zE_3JJYJqOyzv0r7-lPzvib3UV4x2WGSjiUmJ0xTRL0J7tEANBhzeza4Vf4Jkr83ADMzBtXnTx8uQCtvvO5lQ1CyDM61kqbqZHIswMJEICzj8HCkP3oaXLWAFMZXVd9nHFK7sKNjTRPqS4-RKQuv_uL8C_WEjG3UQa0QSg3i-tEzf9niVZg-5fD9aMGy_3vGf6RDP1wiOU3HmWoQADD3xVBckvIinbTFUdogTRXgUYd5w1ZGbYNNOyopngH3hrIILb6v20z16TwC-zPiDcq0xulsQ6nIbRUtPImla9BDFZ-PwcvTg-0Ln4PYFOLyBi0BjUHoFiBLAEZ2YKAKCj41xVQVJaYmX40_6ssnYLe7NJ0o8ViQ3syw7jPsFhyMllTbJslAcs-AA0fURz0wiLTeDpS9NI0FNyjhWs6l3iL3uVhkJExHQwFapm8pE3iOYxH-Mxp15sbO1dF-qfM2Q9jV2oL4jb6WYNVMSui1iqufmeDWKZKak8QzE1DMglP7x88V8tpYgjrQpt4mJ2pZJujbPkfS6Mqd0-f4dmyHwENeuuo-fxmQbr4JaYm8xJesCcwCXScWjB5wkrRE50Cbu10cFbL3a9d99ysn4vZkqjQ=w500-no

Located out of Longmont (KLMO). I wonder how many RVers are here in Colorado?

Last edited:
Arvada

My wife and I have an RV-10 empennage kit sitting in our garage in Arvada. I've got a few finishing touches to make to our garage/workshop and a couple practice kits to do, but I hope to start building the plane within the next week or two. I can't wait!!!

Last edited:
Lets grab breakfast (or lunch)

I fly out of a grass strip north of KFLY. I would be game for some local flights to grab a meal or just explore some new airports. Some formation flying would be a bonus! I hope this becomes an active group!

pD8j6m5zE_3JJYJqOyzv0r7-lPzvib3UV4x2WGSjiUmJ0xTRL0J7tEANBhzeza4Vf4Jkr83ADMzBtXnTx8uQCtvvO5lQ1CyDM61kqbqZHIswMJEICzj8HCkP3oaXLWAFMZXVd9nHFK7sKNjTRPqS4-RKQuv_uL8C_WEjG3UQa0QSg3i-tEzf9niVZg-5fD9aMGy_3vGf6RDP1wiOU3HmWoQADD3xVBckvIinbTFUdogTRXgUYd5w1ZGbYNNOyopngH3hrIILb6v20z16TwC-zPiDcq0xulsQ6nIbRUtPImla9BDFZ-PwcvTg-0Ln4PYFOLyBi0BjUHoFiBLAEZ2YKAKCj41xVQVJaYmX40_6ssnYLe7NJ0o8ViQ3syw7jPsFhyMllTbJslAcs-AA0fURz0wiLTeDpS9NI0FNyjhWs6l3iL3uVhkJExHQwFapm8pE3iOYxH-Mxp15sbO1dF-qfM2Q9jV2oL4jb6WYNVMSui1iqufmeDWKZKak8QzE1DMglP7x88V8tpYgjrQpt4mJ2pZJujbPkfS6Mqd0-f4dmyHwENeuuo-fxmQbr4JaYm8xJesCcwCXScWjB5wkrRE50Cbu10cFbL3a9d99ysn4vZkqjQ=w500-no

Ok. So, I finally figured out how to insert an image using Google Photos. My son and I few to KFLY as our first "trip". ATC let us fly over downtown so he was pretty impressed with the view.

There are lots of RV'rs in Colorado. EAA Chapter 301 in Denver has about 130 members, many of which own RVs of various types. They are a great plane design for high altitude flying. Obviously, there are many other types of birds in our flock as well (Kitfoxes, Bearhawks, Skybolts, etc.)...

I fly a geriatric RV4 equipped for daylight VFR. Can do formation, formation acro and ACM if so inclined. Airport here at 1V6 is laid back, no tower no hassle and two sky diving outfits to keep the fun meter pegged. Fun places to fly... KRTN for free hamburgers, KPSO for getting high over the Sangre's and cookies with coffee just for landing, KANK for courtesy car to town for Patio Pancake house, KAEJ for breakfast/lunch and the prettiest airport manager around... just to name a few.

Cheers Hans

New Year's Day Flight

I'll be making my annual New Year's Day flight this Sunday in my Cessna 180, local from KLMO. That's Longmont, CO. I won't be landing anywhere else, and I'll probably be taking off at 1:00 or 1:30 local, for about an hour.

My Rv-3B isn't done yet. But I did want to add some RV content to this posting.

I'd like to see your planes if you're flying then. Send me an email or PM or contact me on Larry's List if you're on that.

Dave

Rv's in Wray (2V5)

There are a couple RV's out here. It's is a nice easy flight from the front range, we have several good places to eat just a couple minutes from the airport. I would love to get with some fellow rv's to get a meal and do some formation work.

Newby

If all goes as planned, after many years and many airshows across the country my neighbor and I will start an RV-14. For work, we sell hangars but I have been working with Schweiss hangar doors, in there booth, teaching me about trade shows for the last 3 or 4 years. Each airshow I have to check out Van's booth and get a new hat because you can't wear the same one forever. They are very gracious about all my questions.

I have been trying to figure out how to buy a VAF hat in case I end up in some place that would need a sighting photo.

I am really grateful for the VAF site! I have surf'ed for a long time in the back ground as questions come up as I am researching an RV build.

BTW, I am in Colorado Springs and plan to fly out of Meadowlake KFLY

Last edited:
I guess it's time I checked in to this thread. We're moving this weekend to Delta (KAJZ) from Reno (KRTS). Plane staying behind for a week or so until our hangar is finished being built. Looking forward to meeting some new friends. Will miss the old ones.

Greg

Colo. RV's

I'll chime in, too. I completed my RV 7 almost two years ago, and have it hangared at Platte Valley (18V) NE of metro Denver. There are currently 5 or 6 other RV's based there. Lots of fun flying! Would love to join others for hamburger runs, etc...
Jim

PS, Colorado RV

Also, I have hangar space available for rent at 18V if anyone is in need.
Jim

steelbut....I am in the Springs as well! I am building a RV7A in my garage currently but will be going to KFLY when complete. PM me if you need anything!

KFLY

Hey Larry, (steelbut)

Another Colorado Springs builder here. There are quite a few of us at KFLY. Happy to show you around and make introductions if you like. Have a hangar with a builder (9A) buddy. I also know of a -14 out there.

I'm building an RV-12 in North Colorado Springs - bought a hangar today at KFLY. Available for rental if anyone is interested - as it will be years before my RV-12 is ready.

Robert

New member here. Buying a -10 project. Wings, fuse, etc mostly done. Ready for firewall forward. I've got a 182 that I keep at KAPA. I live in Sedalia and will be doing my build there.

Hangar space

Any rv guys near FNL that have hangar space for 3-5 nights around the end of June?
My buddy lives in Johnstown so any airport close would work. I have a 4.
Please let me know, thanks.
Rv4bob(at)cox.net

Back