What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Autopilots

JBHansen

Having problem recognizing my SL32's. I have one that is detected as both a pitch and roll. My other is not detected in either spot. I have sent it to Dynon and they say it is working properly. Is there a way I can bench test it?

JB -

Suggest you have a look at Autopilot Servo Calibration and Test Procedures beginning at page 10-16 in the Dynon SkyView instillation manual for version 15.3. You will find a calibration procedure there which sorts out which servo is for pitch and which one is for roll based on your answers to questions during the test procedure.

This is great, however the system won't even detect them. I can't calibrate what the system does't know is there.

This is great, however the system won't even detect them. I can't calibrate what the system does't know is there.

Make sure power is on to the servos, if powered separately from your Skyview.
Then follow this procedure to detect new hardware, from the Skyview installation manual Rev. AD, page 4-19:

1. Push buttons 7+8 to access the SETUP MENU.
2. Navigate to the CONFIGURE… Page (SETUP MENU > SYSTEM SETUP > SKYVIEW NETWORK SETUP > CONFIGURE…).
3. Press DETECT. A successful network configuration yields the screen in Figure 34 (depending on the units installed, your SkyView system’s network devices will look different and display different Software versions).
4. Press FINISH to close the screen and return to the Network Setup Menu.

I had the same problem with my pitch servo, the network did not recognize it, therefore calibration not possible. I pinned out the harness, it was good. Turned out to be a bad (new) servo. Dynon has a 3 yr. warranty on the servos and great customer service. Try swapping servos and see where the problem goes.

Make sure you have good power and ground to the servo. Then do the detect as was already spelled out. If this doesn?t work, give me a call and I can talk you through a few things to check.

The servo should not get power from the Skyview. The servos should be powered from a separate 5A circuit from anything else.

Back