What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Main Wheel Pant Mounting

Rockyjs

Well Known Member
Patron
I've got a set of Van's RV-10 wheel pants with no brackets to mount on a Wheeler Express in my hangar. This aircraft has a Grove gear and the same size tires as a 10. I've located parts on the web store for the main brackets (U1010-L,R) and a spacer U10005 (Not sure if it is needed). Are there any other bracket pieces? I'm not familiar with the RV-10. On my RV-7 there was an inside and outside bracket. If anyone has any pictures or drawings they could post or send me that would be great.

Thanks
Rocky

Hey Rocky,

Just out of curiousity, who's Wheeler Express is it? One that's recently flown?

Good luck on the wheel pants. We were thinking about RV-10 wheel pants on our Express, but regardless we're going to have to fabricate brackets from scratch.

Thanks Deems .... perfect!!

Mike,
The plane belongs to Ron Lock up in MCB MS (not the original builder). I flew it down from MCB on Tuesday to do some work on it. Install Autopilots, wheel pants, new weight and balance and a good once over. It's ship #37. Just got painted over in Jack Edwards Gulf Shores, AL. In September. Pretty slick rig.

Back