What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Blueberry Run

Vlad

Well Known Member
John Fleurent told me about the place a year ago. Deblois, Maine 43B has a great paved airstrip right in the middle of blueberry fields. The picking season is over but there are still a lot of ripe berries left. Day off, I go.

Everyone has its own propellant. The balloonists were about to launch from my field winds were calm.

He took off first, I hurried out of his way the air started to drift toward the centerline.

Climbed on top of Class Bravo and headed northeast. Passed Infantry School.

A snack, couple tunes and plenty of sightseeing hours flew fast. These dreadnoughts supposed to be invisible from 2 kilometers.

Here is my patch.

In thirty something minutes three plastic containers and belly were full.

On the way back while refueling at Bethel, Maine I met my old friend Claudio. He has the best RV8A in New England.

Couple more hours and I am home.

I wish I could make your BBQ Mark!

Fueling method

Curious as to what is the fueling system you have? Never seen such a thing. Looks like it must be a siphon of some sort. How long does it take to move 5 gallons?

Last edited:
So you flew from NJ to Maine to pick blueberries? You could have just flow to Hammonton NJ, N81, and walked across the street and picked some. Would have only been 4 dollars per pound, vs 40 dollars per pound....LOL Although I'm all for fun flights to far away lands.

Back