What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rear Strobe Glass

Robb

Well Known Member
I busted the rear clear glass cover and need to find a replacement. I ordered one from Vans and is oblong I need a round one. I looked at a friends rv6 and it is the same as my 7. Just wondering if anyone knows the correct part number or where else I can find one. Thanks

Dues gladly paid

Aircraft Spruce

Yeah, those glass lenses are extremely fragile (ask me how I know). Aircraft Spruce sells the replacement lenses. If your strobe is a Whelen A500, the replacement parts are here. Otherwise, just search around their website. Good luck!

I have a complete used A500 that I listed a while back and never sold. PM me if interested.

Larry

Or you could replace it entirely with one of our Stand alone Tail Strobes...
It's cast in solid epoxy resin, so it will never break again!

Yep...... what Paul said. Unbreakable, bright, low current draw, and about 100 bucks. If you decide to stick with the 20th century Whelens, let me know. I still have the A500 that I removed when I installed FlyLed's - big improvement. I'll make you a great deal (talking beer here....)

Paul makes a great product. I have flown mine on the tail of the RV for a year now. Can't break it when washing the plane. Incredibly bright.... and I have even had a tower controller read back what it was saying in morse. Now that was not expected. Must be old school NAVY guy.
Anyway, I have some spare Whelen parts too.... but only as a last resort. I would suggest a retro-fit. And you will save weight when the power supply is removed. You can sell it to a Cessna driver..... Cheers !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back