What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How much fuel line outside the fus

xblueh2o

Well Known Member
I am getting ready to bend up the cockpit fuel lines and was sitting at home reading through the instructions trying to visualize the steps. One thing I didn't see was how much fuel line to leave sticking out the side to connect to the tank later. I realize it will need to be manipulated in to position when it comes time to hook it up but am I leaving a couple inches? 6 inches? Assuming whatever I should leave for the feed line would more or less be good for the vent line as well?

I am getting ready to bend up the cockpit fuel lines and was sitting at home reading through the instructions trying to visualize the steps. One thing I didn't see was how much fuel line to leave sticking out the side to connect to the tank later. I realize it will need to be manipulated in to position when it comes time to hook it up but am I leaving a couple inches? 6 inches? Assuming whatever I should leave for the feed line would more or less be good for the vent line as well?

It's in the manual:

Make the tank fuel lines (See DWG 82 or 82A). Size them so they protrude from the sides of the fuselage ac- cording to the dimension shown in ?Iso View Fuel Injected System?, DWG 82. When the wings are later fitted, the ends can be marked relative to the fitting on the fuel tanks for final trimming.

and DWG 82 says:

Leave 3 1/4 of fuel line protruding from the fuselage for standard fuel pickup.

I think when I did it I left another 1/4 inch for good measure (has been a while..) which left with more then I needed when the wings were fitted.

Oliver

Now that you point it out, I see it. I read the text, looked at the drawing and for the life of me didn't see that yesterday. Oh well. Thanks Oliver.

Back