What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil filter stud repair/replacement ideas

Rich Pulman

Well Known Member
Sponsor
During annual inspection on my RV3 I found a crack in the oil filter stud. Now trying to find a replacement part (no luck so far) or an alternative fix. My experience in this area is very limited, so thought I?d throw it out there to those of you who know more. The engine type is an O-290-D2.

My attempt at link to pictures below.

Thanks for any help.

Richard

AADtGSRDdI34rN5hmw4axTzDa

I agree with Mike. I think you should be looking for a new oil filter adapter. I don?t know if you can fix the crack (weld) in the one in the picture. Good job finding this crack during your condition inspection. Needs to be fixed, but you found it before it became a bad oil leak, or maybe something worse in time.

Airwolf Filter

The filter you have pictured is a design that was bought by Airwolf and is the basis for their remote filter. They have a website...Airwolf.com with their products. I had one of their early models on a 1949 Cessna 170A that I rebuilt in the late 1980's. You may be able to get parts from them but I doubt it as the one I had was very old. Airwolf used to have a booth at EAA OSH and I talked to them about parts for my unit during the rebuild but no luck then on my model which had a cartridge filter verses the "spin on" you have.

Dick DeCramer
N500DD RV6 flying 16 years
Faribault, MN

Back