What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

new factory demonstrator?

rcarsey

Well Known Member
Has anyone seen N317VA yet?

Registration has it as a RV-12iS (experimental / R&D) and like a secret government skunkworks project, its been circling KUAO a lot :)

Oh, you mean this airplane ?
Britt-%20Vercoa%20Beech%2099.jpg

;)

First, I?ll say that the paint job looks excellent.. i may have to rethink the colors of my 12iS now.

I think what we may be seeing is this year?s 12 that is headed to Oshkosh. This past week it?s been doing circles over the airport.. flight testing? testing out the engine? is it a stock 12iS? or is it sporting some new features? it is registered as an R&D plane after all.. i?d think R&D was over for the 12iS last year.. but this was registered in april..

Late today the plane went down to Eugene to a flight/A&P school on the field.. routine maintenance? major work? maybe to simply get it out of the factory, away from prying eyes? Who knows.. but i think it was left there, as the factory 14 flew in just behind it ... the 14 pilot needed progressive taxi instructions... so i think this wasn?t a routine trip for these planes... or at least the guy flying the 14.

I think we may be waiting until July to see more of this plane. ..at which time everyone is free to call me out for coming up with these crazy ideas ;)

FAA registry says 317VA is a Vans RV12is. I hope the King Air is an old picture and not a bogus N# running contraband!😱😁

The Beech 99 was developed by using various parts of the KingAir and QueenAir.

Back