What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Happy 1st Birthday to the VAF Forums

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Well, believe it or not....it's been a year! The forums were first 'live' on 12/27/04 and were shown to a few 'testers' on the 30th. As of today there are 2,637 registered members (and at least that many anonymous guests).

26,676 Posts so far in 2005 (averaging over 70 a day). Current daily page view count hovers around 30,000.

Thanks to all who make 'em so fun, helpful and popular.

Upgrades coming this year....
I've recently put the server on a dedicated backup routine and have installed a mirrored hard drive (so if one fails the other keeps the forums up). Sometime in the near future I'll be loading email on the box so you can have it email you your forgotten password and I can turn on the email notification feature. I want to make sure the backups are running smoothly before I start tweeking it <g>. Always trying to improve it...

Wishing you all a Happy 2006!

Honored to be associated with you all,

Doug

Forums

Doug,

At first I was skeptical when you started the change over to this format from the Yahoo Groups version. Gotta say, well done and thanks for all your efforts to give us all a home base for as you say, "The greatest hobby on earth." Happy New year to you and your family.

Grounded by rain, :(
Bryan 9A "Flyin the Flag"

Thanks!

Doug,

Thanks to you for the work you do in making this site available. As a new builder I find it very valuable and it is the first place I go and search when I have a question on how to do something.

I know it is a lot of work to keep things orderly and running smoothly as I make my living keeping IT solutions tuned and available.

Happy New Year to you and your family and may 2006 be an even better year for all here on the board.

Last edited:
Happy 1st Birthday

Hi Doug,

Congratulations for this great website!
We who are a little far away from the States it is a great help to have contact with our fellow RVators.
Keep it going!!!
Happy New Year and we would love to know you personally. :D

We will be in the States next year.
Wishes from Germany.

Detlef and Lilian
RV7-finishing the wings (slow kit)
fuselage arriving mid january

Happy Anniversary

Hey Doug,

Thanks for your hard and intelligent work. While initially charry of the new format, I find the site extremely useful, and usually fun, too.

See you at SNF and/or OSH, and thanks again.

Bill O'Brien

Wow, I thought this forum was a lot older! You've done a great job, and number of users astounds me :)

A big THANKS!

Doug,

Thanks for putting this thing together, I know it has not been easy!

It is so much better than the RV email lists that I keep wondering why I'm still on those lists.

Hope you and the family have a very happy New Year!

I like it!!

Hi Doug,

At first I wasn't sure, but now it is great. Lots of information in a nicely broken down format.

Thanks,

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ

The Best!

Thanks Doug and all the rest of the people that contribute to this site, with out it, building would be far more difficult,,, so thanks to you and all the members and a safe and happy new year.

Adam

RV-8 Finnish

Last edited:
A big thanks Doug. The information passed along here is, as they say in the commercial, priceless and we all appreciate your efforts. I hope you and your family have a wonderful 2006.

Thanks Doug for the Discussion Forums format. It really is a great resource for the entire RV community. Easy to use and I just love the search capability.

Regards,

Paul

Back