What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How many of you fellows are going to SnF

rvholic

Lets have an idea of how many of us are attending the Sun and Fun.
Is imposible, but I would like to meet all of you great people at the show.
I am arriving on monday and will stay till friday.:cool:

Gerardo,

It looks like I'll be flying down with another newly built and tested RV-7A.

I'll let the owner speak up for himself.

We will be in the Homebuilt Camping area.

We will arrive on Friday and leave on Sunday.

There are sure to be quite a few RV's there

The last time I went was in 2005 when they cancelled the Sun 100 Air Race that I had entered. At that time in the non camping area there were two rows of RVs that came and left during the week. That is two rows of tail to tail (T-hangar fashion) airplanes from the fence (they may have eliminated the fence by now) to the Taxi way. I would estimate 80 RVs at any one time in that area alone which is in addition to the camping area. Have fun.

Bob Axsom

Gary Bricker

There are 2 of us coming in a rotary RV 6A with a georgioussss blue and with with black trim. Be there Sat if weather permits.

Sun 'n Fun

Driving in from Sarasota, FL with two friends Tuesday morning ... (plan to buy an RV-12 there:D) ... returning Friday with my wife for Van's dinner and to show her what my RV-12 is suppose to look like look like.;)

Quickie

......trip on the Friday, down and back.

meandrvnp8.jpg

N33PL, probably arriving around 9:00a.m. park in the RV area,

Cya,

I plan on being there Friday and Saturday.

My 8A is still in pieces so I'll either be flying in a spam can or driving down from the Orlando area.

Are you flying your 6 from Venezuela?

De todas maneras pegame una llamada a mi cell 407 334 2028.

Our plan is to leave Wed eve and arrive after the air show. Will leave for home some time Sat. before the show.
My -9 will be in the RV parking and my son and I will be camping somewhere with our EAA chapter.

Bill, so you are gonna be there? Thats great, we can finally meet.

Bummer!

I would love to go, but my plane is down for annual. Not looking good! I can't finish my -7 fast enough. Have fun guys.... Be safe!

Been thinking seriously about it. May fly down commercial Thurs or Fri and leave Sunday. Will stay in Tampa and drive to the show.

Peter K
9A

I'm in

I'll fly in either sunday or Monday depending on things...
I have a kitchen pass for the entire week. Plan on parking in HB area and camping with friends.

I will be there all day Wednesday and Thursday April 9th and 10th. I am going to drive over to Cape Canaveral and tour that area on Friday.

I'll be there all week (as usual) working the Xerion Avionix Booth (B-067). Stop by and say hi. I'll need the break.

That means you too, Larry!

Bob Northrup
RV-8A
So close to done....it hurts!

Leaving from Louisville, KY Wednesday on Southwest to Orlando. Hanging out at KGIF for the weekend Cardinal Fly-In. Will be going to SNF at least three days.
Need Sunshine!!!!!!!

Squeak
RV7A
Jasper,IN

My parents are planing a week in FL during the sun-n-fun week.

I think they take a day and fly over :)

I'll be there

I probably will see most of you as you arrive, I'll be the one selling the tie downs that you will need:D

Mike Bauer
RV-3 N87LB flying
RV-4 NM742MC building

SNF

I will be there Sunday doing volunteer work with the Catfish Squadron thur Friday. Will be at Plant City one of the days to take a Demo Ride in the Twelve. If it flies as good as my Nine I will probably put a deposit on one. I hope it will cool off, really hot here today.
Gerry Chancey, Ancient Oaks Airpark, Steinhatchee, Florida
Rv-9, N92GC
J-3 Cub, NC88583

Camping in the "other RV"

Beth & I will be down all week in our "other RV" - 38' Montana 5th Wheel.

PAUL

I should be there Thursday and Friday, roaming around and trying to find a good deal on instruments and maybe an engine. I will be driving over from Merritt Island.

My wife and I will be there Wed and Thur in our -8. We're "commuting" from Palm Coast, which is up by St. Augustine.

Last edited:
Fri & Sat

I'll be there in my 7A and joined by my buddies in their -4 from Gaithersburg, MD. He will have a for sale sign in the -4 so if anyone is interested keep you eyes open.

At Sun n Fun

I should be there Thursday and Friday, roaming around and trying to find a good deal on instruments and maybe an engine. I will be driving over from Merritt Island.

I will be flying down commercially late Wed, at at the show on Thur, Fri, Sat and possibly sun. I will be window shopping for an engine and instruments also. Call me if you wish on my cell phone. 410-459-0550.

Flying out of NW Ohio for S&F early Fri morning

My 11 yr old son and I are planning some serious high quality bonding time for S&F. Met some great folks in the RV area last year and looking forward to it again.

Depart 16G NW Ohio early friday morning - Sun planned. Hoping for the same smoking TW's that we had last year!

see you there...

Jeff - 7A N247DE

Will be there all week. Instead of camping like previous years we'll stay in our hangers across the field. A group of us are going to try it and see how it works. Like the idea of cooking out and sleeping in the hangers. But first I'm heading to Murphy NC for a little R&R. Everyone have a safe trip and enjoy..

PJ

We'll be there the whole week and at the Van's BBQ as well. Hope to meet some of you out there. We will camp there, so if you get aware of a aftershow-party, send me a SMS: +491716990696 ;) Cheers from Germany, Dirk

I'll be making the 25 minute drive from my house on Sunday. If you see a tall, skinny, young guy sporting one of the new VAF t-shirts, please introduce yourself.

Planning my first visit to S&F. We hope to be in the area Sunday & ferry the RV-7A into Lakeland Monday, & departing Thursday.
I'll be following a SR-22, on my 6 will be a gaggle of Bonanzas, Comanchee, Mooneys, Cessnas & a MCR-01.
You have to check out the MCR-01 - French 2 place composite kit - cute little thing that cruises with the Mooneys... on 100HP!

I'm going

I'm driving to Sun N Fun... I'll have a car there and my relatives are 3rd gear away from the airport so I'm really close. I can provide transportation to anyone who needs it(24 hrs a day so keep my number handy if you have an emergency). (I'm also an IA if you should need anything) I should be down there the entire week.... my ph is 404-405-1315. I'd love to find a tall gear tall man's RV-4.... :) I'll be wearing my VAF cap and charity shirts... 6'3" 230 lbs.
Best
Brian Wallis

I'll Be There...

Hello Folks!
Come by the booth (N-17) out front of the "D" Hanger and check out our aircraft photography. We'll have 4 new sets of Greeting Cards, giclee' prints (both framed and unframed) and something new, custom aviation postage stamps.
Also on display will be my wooden 4x5 field camera, with which many of my favorite aviation images were created.
I've got a lot of RV questions too, so please come by to say "Hello".
John

Boss (Barb) and I flying down commercial Monday and out Wed last flight. Plan to spend "quality" time with Avery & other tools folks to see what new toys I need. (Definitely want a pneumatic squeezer) Got a few more questions for Van also but it always depends on who you get over there - some friendly & helpful, others too.... Sorry we'll miss dinner. Also have to spend refresher time with the Poly Fiber guys relearning how to do rib stitching - want to finish my Starduster recover before my fuselage comes in - sched for "May". Best to all & hope to meet who we can.

Doug Drewry
7A in progress

S&F

Hope to spend either Wed. or Thur. enjoying the scenery and spending some cash. I will bring a couple of sets of Gear Leg Stiffeners to sell and some samples of engraved checklists, etc. I'll leave my phone number on the plane. Hope to see you all there.
Roger Hirschbein
"Woodman"
Turtle Wood Designs
RV6-A N100NT

Last edited:
I will be driving over from Kissimmee on Thursday. Need to talk to the venders so I can make the final decision on my panel.

Jim Kinsey
7A finishing kit due this month

SUN N FUN COMMUTE IN 6A

I WILL BE COMMUTING FROM STUART FL MON THRU WED, ABOUT A 40 MIN FLIGHT. DAWN DEPARTURE WITH A IFR RESERVATION IF NEEDED. THERE IS USUALLY ONLY ABOUT 3 PLANES IN THE ARRIVAL SEQUENCE THEN. LOVE FLYING THERE!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Flying in

I WILL BE COMMUTING FROM STUART FL MON THRU WED, ABOUT A 40 MIN FLIGHT. DAWN DEPARTURE WITH A IFR RESERVATION IF NEEDED. THERE IS USUALLY ONLY ABOUT 3 PLANES IN THE ARRIVAL SEQUENCE THEN. LOVE FLYING THERE!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Lorene and I will be flying in every day the weather is good,however we'll be flying the Rans S7S instead of our RV6-A. Reason--- There will be a field full of RVs and probably only half a dozen S7Ss.

FLYING TO S-N-F

coming to s-n-f on thur or fri
hope to meet people from vansairforce and check out lots of rv,s
bob willis

Woo Hoo! Back in the saddle!

I've been planning for SnF ever since the good time last year. Unfortunately, work called at the very last minute and sent me to Ireland Sat the 5th. FORTUNATELY, I completed my task yesterday (Monday the 7th). I'm expecting to get to JAX to meet my wife and son on Wed nite, who already have the camping gear in tow.
See y'all Thursday.

Ahhhhhh..... :D:D

So many vendors, so little time...

Last edited:
Back