What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Place to finish RV-7 in Florida???

Georgia?

Hi Detlef,
Does it have to be in Florida? A friend of mine has built several RV's including -7's here near me in East-central Georgia in his hangar on the airport.

Regards,

These fine people are in our EAA Chapter and would probably be good contacts. Wolfgang & Christina Schmelzer. When they are not in Germany they are Property owners at Kitty Hawk Airpark, Live Oak Florida. Both have set numerous sailplane records here and in Germany. They own and fly; Bolkow 208C, Maule (tow Plane) and a Schleicher ASW-27B sail plane. I might caution you the summers here in Florida are very humid and hot. It would behoove you to find a airconditioned facility. Some of the other S.E. States are much worse than Florida.
Gerry Chancey, Ancient Oaks Airpark, Steinhatchee, Florida
RV-9, N92GC
J-3 Cub, NC88583

Location in Fla

Charlotte County Airport (KPGD) is a very nice airport with hangars available. There are 8 finished RVs and 2 7's and 2 10's under construction at the airport so there is plenty of help/assistance available. Let me know if you want/need any more information.

[email protected]

Ned

Back