What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X-GEA24-eMag from Lycoming/Vans

The P-Mag RPM output from pin 6 of the P-Mag can go directly to the RPM input on the GEA24 without a resistor. I have a similar setup on my RV-8 but I have a GSU73 instead of the GEA24 and it works perfect.

The avionics shop that I am purchasing my avionics from ask me if I am going with PMAG or Slick as there is a difference in part number and the cost is about $100 more for PMAG. I did not ask what or why but apparently it does make a difference.

Now obviously folks who have responded here have hooked it up and is working fine so I guess that is the surest assurance that it works.

The avionics shop that I am purchasing my avionics from ask me if I am going with PMAG or Slick as there is a difference in part number and the cost is about $100 more for PMAG. I did not ask what or why but apparently it does make a difference.

I would have thought it would be the other way around ($100 more for the Slick interface)...with the Slick you're buying an extra sensor that picks up the tach signal, whereas with the PMag you're just interfacing directly to it with no additional sensor to purchase.

Back