What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aux battery location

YellaDawg

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I plan on PMags and was wondering where to locate the aux bat. Is there enough room on the inside if the firewall back to back with the primary bat?

Yes there is room

This is a PC680 mounted in the area you are interested. You will need to build the mount from inside the airframe because the access panel pictured is not part of the -14 kit.
aweqs9.jpg

I plan on PMags and was wondering where to locate the aux bat. Is there enough room on the inside if the firewall back to back with the primary bat?

Why are you planning a back up battery for use with Pmags? Just curious.

Best thing about the PMag is that it supplies it's own primary power once running; the ship battery becomes the backup and a third source is unneeded.

This is a PC680 mounted in the area you are interested. You will need to build the mount from inside the airframe because the access panel pictured is not part of the -14 kit.

Marvin, why did you install the PC680 in that area instead of the stock kit location on the firewall?

PC680

Marvin, why did you install the PC680 in that area instead of the stock kit location on the firewall?

I have two electrical systems. One on each side between the firewall and the subpanel. I have a 1/2 Raven installed where the battery would normally be on the firewall.

Best thing about the PMag is that it supplies it's own primary power once running; the ship battery becomes the backup and a third source is unneeded.

That is good news, so I don't need a back up battery! Saves much weight
Thanks for. The info!

Last edited:

On the work bench. Sorry, but other than for engine starting, a small backup alternator (mounted on the vacuum pad) would be much better all the way around. Lighter, less maintenance, known useable capacity which doesn?t deteriorate further as the battery ages.

Bevan.

Back