- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 10-09-2011, 08:25 AM

Default RF controlled Drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacarlton View Post
Hi Detlef,
Great trailer! I'll be ordering a copy.
Regarding the Drift:
The remote uses RF and can be paired to different cameras, so you can use multiple cameras. There is an LED indicator to show the status of the camera: green=pause, red=record. However, it's hard to see in bright sunlight, so you are better off just pressing and holding either the record or stop button on the remote for a while. The range is about 15 feet. I've heard that the video quality of the GoPro is slightly better, but I love the Drift so far.
Thanks Will, for the fast answer. If I understood you right, this LED is on the camera. That means you never can be sure if it is really ON or OFF, right?

The Contur has a reed contact switch. I'm trying modification this with a wire and a LED for insight the cockpit. But the quality is not the same as the GoPro.

I also put our big professional Camera ,Canon XH-A1, under the wing. But it is very hard to stabilize the mount and prevent it from vibration.

Thank you also that you like our trailer ON THE WINGS OF DREAMS.

Detlef
RV-7A N962JG 40h
Annual Fee 2016 proudly paid
Old 10-09-2011, 07:03 PM

Default LED indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by detlef lili View Post
Thanks Will, for the fast answer. If I understood you right, this LED is on the camera. That means you never can be sure if it is really ON or OFF, right?
Detlef
The LED is on the camera. If you mount the camera on the top of the wing, you might be able to see the LED (its on the on/off/record/pause button). The remote does not have any indicator. I usually press it a couple of times when starting or stopping a recording session. That seems to work OK.

BTW, you and Liliana have a place to stay and keep your plane if you are ever back in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.

Where are you these days? What is your next adventure?
www.thecarltons.us/rv7
Friends of the RV-1 www.rv-1.org
Old 10-10-2011, 09:17 AM

With the mount I fabricated, the LCD and the led face the cockpit. So I can see if the camera is recording or not. The LCD is too small and too far away to be readable.

AFS 4500 EFIS & 3400 EFIS/EM
G430W - SL30 - G327 - G696 - G240
TT DigiFlight II VSVG w/pitch autotrim
VP-X Pro
Old 10-10-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacarlton View Post

BTW, you and Liliana have a place to stay and keep your plane if you are ever back in the Dallas/Ft Worth area.

Where are you these days? What is your next adventure?
Thanks Will, it sounds good. Momentary we are in the Dominican Republic and finishing our film. A lot of work. Like building a plane. How many times told we our friends: "We are almost ready to fly...." You know the rest of the story. 90% done, 90% to do.
The film should be ready end of November. On time for X-mas and we will do a really good movie.
Today a William from Dallas ordered a film, was it your order?

Anyway, thanks for the invitation. Please send us an e-mail. Next year we will fly to Europe and than to South Africa if possible and than..... Not so much planning.
In about three years we will be back in USA. If it works as planned, then we will arrive from Japan via the Aleutian Island again to Texas.
Then we have a lot to tell and as you can read in our website www.flight-around-the-world.org the most important for us is, to meet pilots all over the world. Have fun together and share experiences.
Sure we will also do a lot of filming.

Thanks for your hints.

Detlef
RV-7A N962JG 40h
Old 10-10-2011, 11:24 AM

Hi Jim!
Do you have a picture from your mount. It would be great if you can share it with the RV filming community.

Thanks
Detlef
RV-7A N962JG 40h