What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us a photo of your completed RV 14

N214SW Painted

Well N214SW made it out of the paint shop at Glo Custom and Doug took some pics and put it on the front page. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. Check out the pics on the front page of VAF.

[ed. Link to pics here: https://goo.gl/photos/Gk6EKomg4vJJ2ArE9 v/r,dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Stoney,
Fantastic looking plane you should be very proud.
I like your interior colour , what colour is it? The finish of the interior looks good with those seats and the finishing touches you have made..
What are the plastic boxes on the side walls down near the seats to excuse my ignorance?
Great job and motivation for those of us still building.

Paint

Hi Stoney,
Fantastic looking plane you should be very proud.
I like your interior colour , what colour is it? The finish of the interior looks good with those seats and the finishing touches you have made..
What are the plastic boxes on the side walls down near the seats to excuse my ignorance?
Great job and motivation for those of us still building.

I have to check the color of the interior. The plastic boxes are drink holders and work great. Weather keeping us from picking her up right now.

Thank you

Fantastic airplane. Fantastic accomplishment. I really like the color combo.

Beautiful. I'll bet those checkers added at least 5kts!

Very nicely done Stoney. Just got a new screensaver for the hangar laptop!!

Cheers Jim

Thank you. Scheme Designers did the design and Glo Custom did the paint. I had Walt at Exp Aircraft Services on the field at 52F do the prop balance and IFR cert while it was there and WOW, what a difference. The engine is so much smoother. Now it's time to just enjoy, travel and tinker.

ZU-IIS First RV14A to fly in Africa

Somehow I became involved doing the inspections on this project. My friend Larry Beamish did the maiden flight and I have done some of the other test flights. Below is the RV in front of my house/hangar.

ZU-IIS-1.JPG

Below is a picture of the panel. Dual Skyview.

ZU-IIS-PANEL.JPG

Right now it has 19 hours on the Hobbs and I am planning to complete the test phase within the next two weeks. Note that we only have to do 25 hrs over here.

It is really a nice plane to fly :D

Looks nice, is that the stock Vans canopy? In the picture it looks darker than what I've seen on other -14s.

I know neither of you are selling any time soon, but I'm curious what you would price your sale at if you were. Reason I'm asking is to determine if I should wait a year or two for more 14's to hit the market and become available to purchase or if I should just get a 7 now.

I know neither of you are selling any time soon, but I'm curious what you would price your sale at if you were. Reason I'm asking is to determine if I should wait a year or two for more 14's to hit the market and become available to purchase or if I should just get a 7 now.

You could just roll up your sleeves and build one, you know. It's fun! :)

I'm not selling, but I would "guess" the going price for a clean IFR RV-14 would be in the range of $170-$185K. I've seen some RV-7s in the 130-140K range.

We had finished our RV-14A a few weeks ago and it's waiting for experimental aircraft airworthiness inspection. This is the first RV-14A in Brazil.

PR-ZNV has dual screen, 10" G3X Touch EFIS with VP-X Pro.

PRZNV_13072017_SWIT_01.jpg

PRZNV_13072017_SWIT_03.jpg

While I finished and first flew my 14 last June, I just finished getting it painted last month.

Here are the beauty shots.

n626km4.jpg

n626km2.jpg

n626km0.jpg

Last edited:
N314KC gets new clothes

N314KC was the 24th RV-14 completed. Her first flight was March 8,2017 and she now has 190 hours. Last Friday, I picked her up from the paint shop.

2dik9ds.jpg

vhdnxt.jpg

24qmt7p.jpg

Paint scheme was designed by Scheme Designers.
Painting was at Flying Colors of Texas in Gainesville, TX.

Now, for some serious flying!

Keith,

Wow - that is a GREAT-looking paint scheme!!! Congratulations on such a wonderful bird, both inside & out.

Last edited:
Painted RV14

Keith,

That is one BEAUTIFUL bird!!! Great paint scheme and one you will enjoy for years to come.

Congratulations!

Cheers,

db

N947RV Just reached her 1 year birthday, has 120 wonderful hours and has been to Texas, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida and North Carolina. Van's designed a great airplane that is economical, comfortable and a wonderful traveller.

picture-page.html

N947RV Just reached her 1 year birthday, has 120 wonderful hours and has been to Texas, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida and North Carolina. Van's designed a great airplane that is economical, comfortable and a wonderful traveller.

picture-page.html

Carl: great to hear. Your blog / website is one of my "go-to's" when I'm stuck or have need inspiration!

Just so Happy how this

Still buzzing from finishing RV14, can't speak highly enough for the quality of the kit and plans, this aeroplane is good for GA, it gets a quality build on the ramp to a larger audience. I can see a big future for this model.

Rgs Chad

2d77j9z.jpg

Lycoming IO-390
Hartzell BA 72" prop
Dual P-Mags
Classic Aero Designs Interior
Vertical Power VPX
Dynon Skyview HDX
TS Flightlines
JDAir

Last edited:
Finally got a good photo to share

Completed for a while now (September 2017). Plane was vinyl wrapped for about a year. I removed the vinyl back in August 2018 and painted it. Here she is!

mDaeyxsJL1b9KhWTfp1E62U20tpEYcvEJ-0NqlZJsrNTD4b4eFQ9bWal0jCilqY2lNBsNLgeBldoNnfzjbA66eRmBRr8FeqxcNEEZYo2trvZmu36ImPd4fb3aTbT76vqSM1Sj0MeshY=w1261-h841-no

f7IMx8PyVajO2VD27trSrOaPNWj5zqgWDCmG4PBdH4gNBcirSNdhoZM3uR2HuaAd-AxK_Y7G1806qNgmEZiDA-eUmeryMhU6JgCDKgS_mHKJMOkC7KvHGAll4NnrXLYWSYPMVl1poIc=w1122-h841-no

Beautiful..... congrats on the new paint job.

Just curious if you didn't like the wrap or some other issue that changed to paint.

Looks nice Jared! Also curious why you decided to switch from vinyl to paint.

Who did your seats?

And it flies too

Two years and half of pleasure to build it. It was the companion of my evenings; Now it miss me at home. Fortunately it presents me other pleasures in the sky and soon with passengers.
It will be paint next march at Aerostyll workshop, in the south of France. it will be time to show you more photos.

Attachments

• FPJEM RV grin.jpg
    FPJEM RV grin.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 307
  • FPJEM panel.jpg
    FPJEM panel.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:
At first I thought I would not like the piano hinge for the cowl and was going to do screws much like the 7, but it has proven to be very effective, easy to remove and love the clean/screw less cowl, including the oil door.

The time spent on fiberglass work and to make the seamless tips has proven to be worth it for me.

Back