What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EarthX battery fit in RV-14 battery box?

czechsix

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if the EarthX battery will fit in the battery box that comes with the RV-14? The EarthX is just slightly bigger than the PC680 and won't fit in some of the battery boxes designed for the Odyssey. One of the EarthX reps working the booth at OSH this past summer told me their battery will fit in the RV-14 battery box so I'm wondering if anyone has tried it to confirm?

I can't say with any certainty but I measured the battery box on my QB -14 fuse and it isn't thick enough for even the 680C. I'm planning on replacing my box with one that will hold the 680 (I actually plan to have two if I can find the space). Haven't decided whether I can be comfortable with the aluminum boxes from EarthX or if I'll try to fabricate one in SS.

I can't say with any certainty but I measured the battery box on my QB -14 fuse and it isn't thick enough for even the 680C.

If you're trying to fit an EarthX battery into an Odyssey PC680 battery box you'd probably want to use the 3.1" thick ETX680. The ETX680C is deeper at 3.4".

Back