What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Okay, let's talk.

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
Sharing a funny story .. :D

I'm building my RV-14A with my girlfriend of 5 years, Phoenix, who is probably the smartest person I've ever met, but I digress ..

She stops the build as we're approaching a step that involves applying a generous amount of RTV on a part and says:

"Okay, let's talk. <long pause, stern eye contact> You need to pray to whoever you need to for this next section and get okay with it. It's not going to be perfect and I'm not going to let you $&@# with it until we're ordering replacement parts again."

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Last edited:
Sounds like she might be a keeper. Thanks for the laugh, it should keep me in good spirits for about a week.

Last edited:
Forgive me; I'm not building a -14. What step in building an aluminum RV involves 'a generous amount of RTV'?

Youre lucky. My wife keeps reminding me that its my project, not hers. If i ask for any more than about 5 minutes worth of help, I've used up all my help for the day.

Youre lucky. My wife keeps reminding me that its my project, not hers. If i ask for any more than about 5 minutes worth of help, I've used up all my help for the day.

We're married to the same person?! The only time my wife refers to it as, 'our plane' is when I threaten to move us and she says, 'but where would you build OUR plane?'

Forgive me; I'm not building a -14. What step in building an aluminum RV involves 'a generous amount of RTV'?

The oil cooler inlet assembly corners. There's just no way to get perfect lines with RTV inside that thing. She was right, I kept messing with it until she took it away from me. Turned out good though .. :D

Last edited:

Remind her of that when it's finished and flying, and she wants you to take her somewhere.

how schmart???

Sharing a funny story .. :D

I'm building my RV-14A with my girlfriend of 5 years, Phoenix, who is probably the smartest person I've ever met, but I digress ..

......ummmm, you are probably right, smart like tractor, but remember, she's been with you for 5 years and 0.7 aircraft, so lacks a little something in her overall judgement!

....jus' kiddin'......

that's a keeper! :D

Remind her of that when it's finished and flying, and she wants you to take her somewhere.

Don't do it! Unless you like that hands-on-hips, evil eye, head side-to-side, "I know you di'nt jus say dat to me" response that means the Avgas you were gonna buy...just turned into some "make-up" jewelry! :D

Cheers,
Bob

Back