What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AHRS location

I always build a small shelf between the longerons one bulkhead behind the rear baggage wall. That location works very well.

I would say it depends on your canopy configuration. I have heard reports that a mount in the upper portion of the tailcone are prone to errors when the canopy is slid open (slider of course). Not an issue with a tip-up. I put mine lower in the tailcone to avoid that possible problem.

Are those errors critical? If the canopy is open, you are either on the ground or have problems much bigger than compass error.

Are those errors critical? If the canopy is open, you are either on the ground or have problems much bigger than compass error.

No, not critical. But you need to have your canopy closed during a compass swing and during runup when you cross-check the heading indicator to the wet compass (if you have a separate compass). However, if you are doing a new install, why put the ADAHRS someplace prone to errors if there are other options?

location AHRS

Probably the shelf behind the baggage compartment is good. Al angle from longeron to longeron. I was concerned about the cables for the seat belts crossing the shelf that might not b a factor

Back