What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fiberglass vendor in North Carolina

broken1234

All,
I'm searching for a vendor somewhere in North Carolina that sells bulk roll fiberglass to the homebuilt and (probably) marine communities... I haven't bought anything from him in a couple years and the invoice has escaped me...

Anybody have a thought? I'll know the name when I hear it ;-)

Thanks,

Brad

Fiberglass supplier

West Marine has just about everything for composite projects. There is one on Charlotte, Cornelius and Raleigh

There are a lot of good suppliers for all the materials, but I have found difficulty in finding a one stop shop that has good prices and support for all the needs.

One recently that is gaining my favor is this one:

https://compositeenvisions.com

See if it is competitive for your needs. Sorry not familiar with a good vendor in NC area.

USComposites.com is the lowest price for bulk glass I've found. (Fla)

Last edited:
Aircraft Spruce

Aircraft Spruce is the obvious choice. They're in Atlanta and most shipments arrive in NC in two days if you request shipping by FedEx. UPS takes three days for some reason. Also, FedEx delivers on Saturday, and UPS doesn't.

Wicks is another good source for composite stuff. But again, not an NC company. There are some shops in western NC that support NASCAR and custom equipment for manufacturing companies with composite fabrication but they are not fiber mills for raw materials sale.

I?ve gotten glass cloth from a company in NC called Thayercraft at very reasonable prices, but I think they may no longer be in business.

How times change...

West Marine has just about everything for composite projects. There is one on Charlotte, Cornelius and Raleigh

There's a West Marine in Cornelius?!:confused::eek:

Want to know what was there 40 years ago? Ace Hardware. The Dogwood No-Tell Motel. Piggly-Wiggly. And of course Bantam Chef - Fresh, Hot & Fast.:D

Incidentally, there was no development on the Lake Norman shoreline, either. Desolate as northern Alaska. Looks like a real estate investment either place might have paid off.

"West Marine in Cornelius, North Carolina... Humbug..." / curmudgeon voice trails off into basement workshop

Back