What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Picking up my wings next week. Need advice

nacoblio

I got notice from vans that my wings will be ready for pick up on the 11th of this month. Teri and I are going to go down to the factory and pick up the kit with some friends of ours. He might be thinking about an RV someday. Wanted to get some advice. There are a lot of options for the wings upgraded fuel caps, flop tubes, new ways to install the tip, lights just to name a few. Vans sells a lot of products but I was wondering are they they best or even the best deal? I am thinking about the following options from vans
Fuel Cap Delux with lock 125 x2 $250
Fuel tank test kit $6
Inverted Fuel pickup $46
plans on flash drv(good for travel $10
So this is what I plan to pick up from vans next week. I ask you what am I missing. I there anything that I dont need or should get someplace else? Do you see anything that I am missing. I have heard of people getting extra hardware. What type/size would you recommend? What about nut plates will i need some spares of those? What size is damaged most? Any extra parts that you would recommend? Thanks

A few extra 3/4 X 3/4 angles for the longerons. I used 2 extra lengths just for extra stuff, arm rest, brackets, seat backs, mistakes, ect.

Extra stuff

A few extra 3/4 X 3/4 angles for the longerons. I used 2 extra lengths just for extra stuff, arm rest, brackets, seat backs, mistakes, ect.

Yep. I didn't use mine but it's good to have them. They should include the fuse longerons and center section spar in the wing crates.

I have been using the following thread for planning my wing order in a few weeks. I think the group did a good job of probably putting everything out on the table for extras.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=144998

Here is a spreadsheet I came up with after I posted that thread above. The Mindshare here was fanstastic. I sent my order in last week, and am waiting on the pricing invoice to come back so I can pay.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xvkFqz--8bHhM5vU3ZT5DI_iRKh0t4POcf_eJvk-3Hw/edit?usp=sharing

I'll try to keep it updated as I go.

Jig

Here is a spreadsheet I came up with after I posted that thread above. The Mindshare here was fanstastic. I sent my order in last week, and am waiting on the pricing invoice to come back so I can pay.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xvkFqz--8bHhM5vU3ZT5DI_iRKh0t4POcf_eJvk-3Hw/edit?usp=sharing

I'll try to keep it updated as I go.

Two bellcrank jigs and two fuel tank test kits come in handy.
BTW, I have a complete inventory up to the Finishing Kit in Excel if anyone needs one.

Two bellcrank jigs and two fuel tank test kits come in handy.
BTW, I have a complete inventory up to the Finishing Kit in Excel if anyone needs one.

Larry would you mind sending me that? I have been following your blog and it has been extremely helpful!

Thanks for the help everybody. I appreciate all the input. Lynn thanks for the spreadsheet. Larry if I could get a copy of the spreadsheet that would be great. Thanks again.

Spreadsheet

Thanks for the help everybody. I appreciate all the input. Lynn thanks for the spreadsheet. Larry if I could get a copy of the spreadsheet that would be great. Thanks again.

Nick
Shoot me an e-mail. I'll reply with the attachment. Address is in my signature below.
Wirejock at yahoo dot com

Back