What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Factory tour

skidoo pilot

I'm New Here
Hi, I just contacted the Vans Factory about a tour. My wife and I want to visit the factory on Feb. 12th. I was told they don't give rides in the 8 or 8a, but the website says they do. Does anyone have any info about this? A big part of my purpose in the tour is to be able to experience the RV8. (and to have my wife's buy in!)
thanks,
Wes

Hi, I just contacted the Vans Factory about a tour. My wife and I want to visit the factory on Feb. 12th. I was told they don't give rides in the 8 or 8a, but the website says they do. Does anyone have any info about this? A big part of my purpose in the tour is to be able to experience the RV8. (and to have my wife's buy in!)
thanks,
Wes

I'm not sure why someone here in the forum could give you better info than someone in the office.......

But what you were told is correct.

The RV-8A demonstrator is not currently flyable but you can sit in it to do fit checks, etc.

Even when it was flyable, customers were strongly encouraged to take a demo in the RV-7A because flying in the 8A from the back seat does not provide nearly as good of an equivalent experience as riding in the front of the 7A does (even if it is a side by side).

Scott, maybe you just did. That is, give a better answer for the OP here. Sometimes people on the phone are in a hurry and think they made themselves understood. I do not see the problem in asking.

Thanks Scott, as Ron said you did give a much better answer. I am glad there is one there to look at even if I can't go flying in it.
Thanks Mike for the welcome!

Factory Tour of Philippines RV assembly Plant

I have a unique opportunity to tour the RV factory in the Philippines where Van's Quick Build kits are assembled. My wife is from the Philippines and, as it turns out, the factory is in her home town. We plan to visit the Philippines the entire month of March and I have received permission to tour the RV assembly facilities. This is one phase of the RV kit production that most folks never get to see and I am excited about the opportunity. I have begun building an RV-14 so maybe I will get to see a 14 being assembled. If pictures are allowed I will take many and post some of them on this website.

Joe Reaves
Longview, Texas

Previously owned an RV-3
Now flying my Arion Lightning LS-1

That's where my QB kit was assembled. Would love to see some pics. I was stationed in the Philippines at Subic Bay, (Cubi Point Naval air station), when I was in the navy.

I have a unique opportunity to tour the RV factory in the Philippines where Van's Quick Build kits are assembled. My wife is from the Philippines and, as it turns out, the factory is in her home town. We plan to visit the Philippines the entire month of March and I have received permission to tour the RV assembly facilities. This is one phase of the RV kit production that most folks never get to see and I am excited about the opportunity. I have begun building an RV-14 so maybe I will get to see a 14 being assembled. If pictures are allowed I will take many and post some of them on this website.

Joe Reaves
Longview, Texas

Previously owned an RV-3
Now flying my Arion Lightning LS-1

Joe what a great opportunity. Would love to see pics if you can get em! I think a lot of people on the forums probably sees the Philippines factory as this somewhat mysterious thing.

Back