What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy latch handle

yakdriver

Well Known Member
When I built my RV7 there was a guy making nice machined canopy latch handles. Anyone know if he still makes them? Don

Talk to Jason at JDAir.com.

IMG2834-M.jpg

A bunch more photos at my web site under the Finish Kit, Canopy section.

These are really nice. Way better than Van's stock design.

easy to do

I suggest that you do it yourself - it can be done in less than half an hour, and achieve a beautiful result. Draw some guide lines on the Van's supplied part, and shape using a bench sander and a Scotchbrite wheel. Polish with fine sandpaper (with wet and dry) and aluminum polish.
Very satisfying way to spend a bit of time!
Bill Brooks
Ottawa Canada
RV-6A finishing

We did make a production version of the slider handle. But the customer drilled hole in the shaft was just to inconsistent to deal with.

I suggest that you do it yourself - it can be done in less than half an hour, and achieve a beautiful result. Draw some guide lines on the Van's supplied part, and shape using a bench sander and a Scotchbrite wheel. Polish with fine sandpaper (with wet and dry) and aluminum polish.
Very satisfying way to spend a bit of time!
Bill Brooks
Ottawa Canada
RV-6A finishing
When I did my 7 I got it almost perfect and then polished through the top of it. The Rivithead was really nice. Helping a friend on his 7 right now. Don

The first pic looks a lot like a product Robbie Attaway designed and once sold. It is the type I have on my RV6. I believe he sold the rights to manufacture it to someone and no longer makes it himself.

George

Back