What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GNC 250XL Replacement?

N729LS

Well Known Member
Patron
Mainly a question for the Garmin guys:
I have a GNC 250XL GPS/COM that is long past being supported. I would like to replace it with a modern unit and the GPS 175 will fit in the same slot. But I don't want to lose my 2nd COM capability. (Primary is an SL-30.) If Garmin can add a complete ADS-B compatible transponder to the back of the GPS 175, then
Does Garmin have plans to make a 250 replacement, i.e a GPS 275 GPS/COM in this form factor?
For sure I'd buy one :) and I think a lot of other 250XL owners would also! Even better if it were rack compatible, slide-out/slide in!
Andy Elliott

Mainly a question for the Garmin guys:
I have a GNC 250XL GPS/COM that is long past being supported. I would like to replace it with a modern unit and the GPS 175 will fit in the same slot. But I don't want to lose my 2nd COM capability. (Primary is an SL-30.) If Garmin can add a complete ADS-B compatible transponder to the back of the GPS 175, then
Does Garmin have plans to make a 250 replacement, i.e a GPS 275 GPS/COM in this form factor?
For sure I'd buy one :) and I think a lot of other 250XL owners would also! Even better if it were rack compatible, slide-out/slide in!
Andy Elliott

Hello Andy,

We appreciate your input and agree that a GPS/COM version of the GPS 175 would make a great product, but as you might have noticed, Garmin seldom discloses what products are or are not in development before they are publicly announced.

Thanks,
Steve

Back