What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Door Handle Covers

Aerosport1

Well Known Member
Aerosport Products has completed and will be shipping the new Door handle covers designed for the stock Van's door handles. These handles and cover plates can be installed in minutes and dress up the not so nice looking interior door handle. The cover plate covers the gear box area.
They will be available in 2 colors a Light tan and a Med Grey. These handles are made from ABS plastic and can be painted to match your interior colors. They will be available online at http://aerosportproducts.com On 2-7-11

Cost will be $95.00 per set. And $65.00 for just the door handle covers.
0_0_227aa9ca4dac35cb8ccec62407d75e77_1

0_0_0293af68a11d454b696a06c2ead83dd3_1

Geoff

Now you're talkin'. The "square pipes" are maybe the ugliest thing inside these. Now you need covers or plugs for those nasty tabs by the front/rear doorposts.

I can't wait to get to my interior. These guys keep coming up with some great looking products!

Now you're talkin'. The "square pipes" are maybe the ugliest thing inside these. Now you need covers or plugs for those nasty tabs by the front/rear doorposts.

You mean the ones that are covered the Aerosport Products interior panels?

bob

can these be made to work on the Hendricks door latches.

Pat

It's been a long time since I've seen the Hendricks latch.

Geoff's handles work with the standard Van's interior handle. I know that the iflyrv10.com flush handles don't modify the interior handle. These will work just fine with Steve's flush handles.

You'll need to speak to Geoff directly about any other modification.

For those that have installed..

How are you securing the mounting screws? The instruction illustration makes it look like it's just screwed into the fiberglass door. Doesn't look too secure, but there's no way to get behind it to use nuts/nut plates.

I have a foam padding layer under the upholstery fabric-----apx 1/4" thick.

Would this interfere with the installation of these units?? I am concerned about the fit between the square cover plate, and the handle cover unit.

I am in need of the backing plates-------I want to cover the big ugly square hole where the mechanism is.

PB280004.JPG

How are you securing the mounting screws? The instruction illustration makes it look like it's just screwed into the fiberglass door. Doesn't look too secure, but there's no way to get behind it to use nuts/nut plates.

Just a screw into the fiberglass. Mine have been installed for about two years and there has been no issues with the screws. There really isn't any stress on them.

bob

I have a foam padding layer under the upholstery fabric-----apx 1/4" thick.

Would this interfere with the installation of these units?? I am concerned about the fit between the square cover plate, and the handle cover unit.

Probably best to give Geoff a call. I'm trying to remember how much space is between the cover and handle. As long as the space is greater than the amount of your upholstery, you'll be fine. I'll try to remember when I head to the hangar tonight.

see mine on the field

Phil,

Stop by my hangar at Skypark and see my installation. No issues with mine after a couple hundred hours.

Hangar B in the NE corner.

Call or text 801-580-3737

Back