What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-1004C Countersink

scorwin

All,

Starting to work on the fuse and already have a question...
Page 25-3, step 7 states to Machine countersink the screw holes in the F-1004C-L and R Center section bulkheads on the inboard flange. Sounds good, but which side of the inboard flange? The side closest to the F-1004P Rail supports? It would make sense, but would like to know before I rivet everything . I tried looking ahead and where the nutplates attach (on the outside part of the inboard flange).

I tried to attach a picture with my iphone, but it kept shutting down....

Thanks
Shawn

Inboard side of inboard flange.

15845D72-F0F3-4155-AD9F-806CDA49D39E.jpg

Another ?

Riveting the K1000-8 nut plates to the seat support assemblies called for a 426 rivet, but nowhere does it say to dimple (doubtful as its thick) or countersink. It says to countersink on other nut plates (above question). Is it assumed the I will countersink all nut plate assembly locations?

Or do I just use a 426 rivet on the seat assembly, but it will stick up a little? Seems like a bad idea....

Thanks

Countersink them. I've found the fuselage kit to be where they really start to quit holding your hand.
I like this, because it means less reading and more going with the flow of the jobs, knowing what needs to be done.

Back