What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anybody open to giving a ride in an RV-8?

Morning all,

It's been a few years (6 years, 7 months, 2 days) and lots of life changes as life is prone to do, but I'm back posting on VAF and with a new mission. Just completed the SportAir sheet metal workshop down in Watsonville this weekend, and as expected I'm kinda geeked up about the idea of building now that the "mysteries of riveting" has been removed. Had considered a -7 a few years back, bought the plans and a few tools and then got my head turned in other directions. Now have the -8 plans in hand

So I'm attempting to reel myself in a bit and act like an adult (lol, like there is any chance of that) and do my due diligence prior to giving up my life for the next few years if I whip out the CC and call Oregon to make the initial order. I fly out of Columbia/O22. I'm planning a wood prop -320 with day/night VFR setup

Anyhow, looking for a ride in an 8 to make sure that I fit (6'3, 215) and see if it feels right, happy to travel to you and cover costs. No acrobatics, just a quick sightseeing to get an understanding of "look and feel" from inside the cockpit. A 6 might be ok too if you think I would fit in the back, I've never sat in anything but side by side in my just under 200hrs of flight.

Thanks

Mike

I'll be around this weekend if you're willing to fly up to Mojave. I have my own strip and the -8 is ready to go...

Back