What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Manifold block

In many firewall pictures I can see "manifold block" or "manifold fittings" to better install pressure sensors (fuel, oil, MAP...), but my question is: where do you find these?

ACS have some, but don't look like the one I see most: very slim with with 3 positions (6 ports).

Thanks for your help.

Here's the link. Order some plugs to fill the holes you don't need. I'll see if I can find a photo. No photo on Vans site. PHOTO FOUND....

http://www.vansaircraft.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi?ident=1389917465-418-456&browse=ei&product=va168-va188

mcue7o.jpg

Last edited:
why vertical

Is there any special resin that you mount this manifold vertical instead of horizontal? Vans show's it vertical but but it would be much simpler to mount it horizontal along the stiffener on the rv8 firewall that is already there?

Is there any special resin that you mount this manifold vertical instead of horizontal? Vans show's it vertical but but it would be much simpler to mount it horizontal along the stiffener on the rv8 firewall that is already there?
It depends on the model. Typically when it's vertical it's directly backed by the sub-panel structure behind the firewall, as on the 7 & 9.

Back