What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Warren Gregoire Headsets

I have a pair of those that I bought as a beginning student. They seemed to work well on the whole for the price. with all the other costs associated with being a beginning student these were a great choice to help me get going.

at times I had a hard time understanding what ATC was saying and had to ask them to repeat while I cranked the volume to full and closed my eyes to help listen closer

the volume rheostat can be choppy

the mic boom can be tough to position

no comparison to my newer lightspeeds, the LS are lightyears ahead in both comfort and sound quality

overall they make a great 2nd headset, but as a frequent flyer I wouldn't buy them again unless price point was really the driving force.

i'd give them a 6 out of 10, not at all unhappy with them. but i'd rather spend afew more dollars and get some lightspeeds. if dollars are the deciding factor these will work well for you.

Headset-Get what you pay for

eBay eBay eBay.......

Something like a headset you should not skimp on. They give your hearing protection, improve communication (safety) and comfort improves enjoyment.
A bad cheap head set that breaks or has inferior performance is not a bargain.

Go to eBay and get the best head set you can. Research the main brands, Lightspeed, Peltor, D/C and so on. You don't have to get the top of the line to get a good head set, but these boys look like like el-chepo headsets. Even if you are just getting them as a spare for a passenger, go to eBay and get a good headset. There are always many on there. Know what they go for new and don't bid too much. Cheers George

Last edited:
W.G. Headsets

I bought my first headset from them, it was a Flightcom Eclipse, while I was taking lessons at Lancaster, CA. They were the best price going at the time.
When I received the headset via Priority Mail, I discovered why. They had removed the nice little carrying bag from the box.
I called Flightcom and they said that ALL of their headsets ship to dealers with the carrying bag.
I shop elsewhere now!

Back