What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Krylon and Duplicolor Self-etching primers

I prefer the SEM brand self-etching primer sold in real auto paint stores.

Not usually found in a Lowes or Autozone.

I prefer the SEM brand self-etching primer sold in real auto paint stores.

Not usually found in a Lowes or Autozone.

I second this! Krylon is good for household projects and making things flat black other than that go with SEM.

Small town syndrome

We don't have many options for supplies in my town and other factors limit my ability to travel easily. I'll look at the SEM website and see if there are any local vendors.

Order SEM online

I?ve been ordering SEM products on Amazon... it?s actually cheaper, including shipping (with Prime), than the local auto paint specialty store.

+1 for the SEM self etching primer. I've purchased mine through National Tool Warehouse which was about $5.00 per can cheaper than my local auto paint store.

Gerry Peterson
Merritt Island, FL

I?ve been ordering SEM products on Amazon... it?s actually cheaper, including shipping (with Prime), than the local auto paint specialty store.

Yes, a good idea. I just did an Amazon re-order on the SEM self-etching primer.

Our local FinishMaster professional auto paint store isn't exactly low cost. :)

The SEM stuff is more expensive but is slightly compensated for by a 30% bigger can.

My paint question is a little different than what is found in this thread. My wing walks are both the adhesive type. But they have some overspray or paint of some kind on them. I have carefully tried MEK with no luck. What can I use to clean the overspray or what paint can I use to paint over the wingwalk and make them look fresh? Rustoleum flat black brush on was recommended but before I try I thought I would ask here.

SEM Primer pricing is MUCH better than Amazon at Summit Racing.

$16.99 at Summit vs. $20.99 at Amazon.

I buy 6 cans at at time.

Back