What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cee Bailey Landing Light Lenses

KatanaPilot

Well Known Member
If you are thinking about installing the AeroLED Aerosun VX landing lights on your RV-10, which requires use of the modified wing tips - be aware that the Cee Bailey landing light lenses do not fit.

I emailed Cee Bailey to see if they would consider making lenses that do fit - since many of the RV-10's under construction at Synergy Air South are installing the Aerosun lights. They were not interested.

It's unfortunate, as the Cee Bailey lenses are much higher quality and require less fitting than the stock Van's lens.

Cee Baileys lenses

When Cee Baileys came out with the windows and lenses it was based on what was available and builders were doing at that time. In order for Desser/Cee Baileys to do a new lense it would require a prototype in Southern California to make the fit and perfect it. I know they had been pursuing making seat covers, stick covers and other interior work, but I do not think there was enough demand for this, which is a shame as the work was really nice and very affordable. Ultimately they stuck with what they had already engineered and decided not to pursue anything more than what is on the vanstire site as they moved on to other projects and ideas.
There was another local builder that helped with the side windows but otherwise everything else in my -10 was based on helping Desser with all of the above. As for long lasting everything we prototyped, lenses, seats, covers and windows remain in great condition 8 years after install.
Although I had the Vans lense to compare, Cee Bailey never touched my wingtip lenses, instead they built it from scratch, It took 4-5 tries before they actually felt it fit "right". One may not realize that to make it work for a AEROLED would require a lot of work and time and I know Cee Baileys is very busy in other industries that sell large amount of windscreens to want to make the time for a few dozen lenses, unfortunately.
I am a huge supporter of new builders getting everything on the Desser site, yes, there is a small amount of final trimming required but its at least 1/10th of what the mold Vans sells requires and the quality is superior. That is based on a builder and I gain nothing more than what my goal was back than- to make the next builders process easier than mine- at about the same cost.

Pascal

Last edited:
Understood that this is a very small market.

The point of my post was to inform potential buyers of these lenses that they only fit the stock Van's tips. The Aerosun VX seems to be a popular add-on (Van's sells both the lights and the modified tips), but unfortunately the Cee Bailey lens does not fit.

If I had known that they did not fit, I wouldn't have bought a pair.

Back