What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need fiberglass and sheet metal help RV3 at KHWD

3RV

I'm New Here
I have a RV3 based at KHWD. While I love the airplane it has a few things that need fixing and sadly my good friend who was going to help me with these items passed away unexpectedly last month. Items in need of fixing are:

1) Older cowl without any air filter or carb heat. I bought the air box and filter kit from vans but need to modify the cowling in order to install this.

2) Rudder has cracks in the aluminum skin. This is concerning and although not getting worse it?s something I want to address ASAP.

I?m happy pay someone a reasonable price to fix these items due to my limited fabrication experience and limited time. The aircraft is in annual and I can fly it anywhere (ideally local) to get these items addressed. Please help!!!

Thanks
James Evans

Call Bob Kuykendall

HI James,
Bob Kuykendall, owner of HP-Aircraft LLC in Arnold, CA, works in the Bay Area during the week. He has good skills in both sheet metal and composites, and is an EAA Tech Counselor. He helped me build my RV-8.

He has often expressed interest in helping RV folks build or repair during weekday evenings. Hayward might be a bit of a slog in traffic for him from Mountain View, but you should talk to him.

Email him at [email protected]

Back