What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 three view drawings

Carl Froehlich

Well Known Member
Anyone have 3 view PDF drawings for the RV-8? I can?t get the weird Van?s drawing download to work.

Thanks,
Carl

You mean the download itself doesn't work, or you can't open them once you've downloaded?
First, the download is a zip file so, you need WinZip or similar to unzip them in your computer. Second, the 3 view files are in .DWG/DXF format so you must have AutoCAD or similar to open them. There are links on the Van's download site for free WinZip/AutoCAD programs.

Yep - tried all that. Unzip is not the problem, the stupid DWG/DXF format is kicking me.

Still looking for simple PDF files.

Carl

Draft Sight

You could also get a software called Draft Sight, it?s a free download from Dassault Systems, the same people that make Solidworks. It?s pretty much a copy of AutoCAD (all commands are the same in every way if you are familiar with that software). Then you can manipulate the drawings if you?d like.

avidyne drawings

speaking of the 8 3D files, does anyone know where you can get a file for the avidyne IFD540?

Thanks
Andrew

You could also get a software called Draft Sight, it’s a free download from Dassault Systems, the same people that make Solidworks. It’s pretty much a copy of AutoCAD (all commands are the same in every way if you are familiar with that software). Then you can manipulate the drawings if you’d like.

Or, if you are an EAA member, you can get the full Solidworks license through EAA. Quite a steep learning curve though.

Dassault also has a free program called eDrawings, which is a CAD viewer. I believe it also handles the Autocad files. Good thing about eDrawings is that it also runs on Mac (or even mobile phones). http://www.edrawingsviewer.com

I'm also looking for 3 view drawings. I ordered one of those fancy replica models at Oshkosh and they are asking for them.

Back