What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gas Strut Attach Bracket holes

scorwin

So I drilled the holes for the gas strut attach bracket in the cabin top before getting my door seals correct. Now the holes are off....

Can I just fill it with epoxy/flox, let cure and then re-drill in appropriate spot?

Thankfully I didn't drill the other bracket in the door yet. Not sure if anyone has mentioned, but these doors are a PITA...

Just don?t put the door seal under it - just start and stop the seal at the attach bracket.

Just don?t put the door seal under it - just start and stop the seal at the attach bracket.

+1

I attached the bracket per plan. Just cut the side and bottom part of the seal to fit the bracket. As long as the bulb portion remains untouched, it will seal nicely.

Larry

Initial question

To answer your initial question, yes you can fill the hole - but use flox not micro.
When I ordered my finish kit, I deleted the Van?s brackets in favor of the PlaneAround brackets...unfortunately I found it really hard to align the holes perfectly since they are threaded. So I had misalignment of the strut and had to correct to get it in the right place. I filled the holes, ordered a single Van?s bracket for the match drilling and used a laser to align them perfectly.

And yes your days covered in dust are just beginning.

Back