VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 11-15-2019, 09:12 AM

Default RV-12 Greetings from Eastern Tennessee!

Hello to all my friends here on the RV-12 forum...a few people have asked about it, so thought I would post a quick update. After living in California all our lives, my wife and I bought an airpark home in Eastern Tennessee! It has been a dream of mine since learning to fly over 40 years ago, and we are loving it. If anyone on this forum ever needs a place to land/hangar for a night or two, you are welcome (Hensley Airpark 04TN). We have been in the process for a year now, but officially moved in about 3 months ago. It's a great house on over an acre, but the hangar/runway are what sold me. The hangar has a full bath, radiant heat floor and great lighting (and about 2500 sqft). I can walk out my side door and be in the air in 15-20 min (and as you 912ULS pilots know, 5-10 min of that is just waiting for oil temp to hit 120F).

I flew the plane out in late July, so I could stop at Oshkosh for a few days on the way. A new neighbor was kind enough to let me keep the -12 in his hangar until early Sept when we moved in. Anyway, I can't believe how beautiful the flying is around this region, and what an amazing place to live. Thanks to the few that wondered where I had moved, hope to see you around!! Paul

Old 11-15-2019, 09:23 AM

Very happy for you Paul! Looks like a terrific set-up. But you will miss all of our northern California fires......;<)
EAA #23982 (circa 1965) - EAA Technical Counselor and Flight Advisor; CFI - A&I
RV-12 E-LSA #120496 (SV w/ AP and ADS-B 2020) - N124DH flying since March 2014 - 870+ hours (as of Jan 2020)!
VAF donation through June 2020.

Last edited by DHeal : 11-15-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:45 AM

Congratulations, Paul! I really enjoy your RV-12 videos on YouTube - awesome stuff.

I grew up and lived in SoCal for most my life before making the move to Charlotte, NC a few years back. My only regret is that I didnít make the move sooner.

Yes, this whole region - TN, Carolinas and the surrounding areas - are really beautiful places to fly. Enjoy 😄👍

Former President, EAA Chapter 309 - EAA 309

Founder, SUPERBIRD Aircraft Cleaning Products, featuring the SUPERBIRD Aircraft Paint Restoration System
https://www.superbirdclean.com/colle...-force-members
Old 11-15-2019, 10:36 AM

Very cool thanks for sharing, Someday soon maybe this summer I would love to take my 12iS to your Airpark for a visit.
RV-12iS Completed
Airworthiness signed off by the FAA 1/23/2020

Need:
Test flight and Phase I
Paint?
Serial#12-0864
N112DR
VAF donation made for 2020
Old 11-15-2019, 10:54 AM

How is the heat and humidty in the summer time, there, vs CA ? Beautiful arrangement there.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:07 AM

Living the dream. Great inspiration. Enjoy.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:12 AM

Thanks for the comments, definitely feels like living the dream. Hardest part is most of the guys here are retired and going flying all the time. I'm jealous, have a couple more years to go. At least my new home office is a nice hangar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHeal View Post
Very happy for you Paul! Looks like a terrific set-up. But you will miss all of our northern California fires......;<)
Glad to hear from you David, was saying some prayers when I heard Windsor was being evacuated!! Hope all is OK with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinerBikes View Post
How is the heat and humidty in the summer time, there, vs CA ? Beautiful arrangement there.
We were here for awhile in July and August and we thought it was fine. Not as hot as CA central valley, but obviously more humid. From what we know so far, it's not bad at all. The cost of living is amazing here compared to CA, and I buy ethanol-free 93UL for $2.80/gal. I would never go back!!