What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Accuspray Nozzle question for P60 G2

Jskyking

Well Known Member
Yesterday, I shot P60G2 using the Orange (1.4) atomizing head at 2:1 ratio. Results were pretty good. I have more priming to do today and have seen where others have used the 1.3 ( green). The 3M rep recommended the clear ( 1.8) , but I presume he may have been following the P60 1:1.5 recommendation.

On the ribs, I had some minor splatter, using 1 turn on the fan from the closed position and 4.5 on the flow, I suspect this may have been improper gun angle.

This is my first time shooting the P60 using the Accuspray system, and I?m curious to know if there is a better combination. Thanks. Jt

P60G2

I haven't used the Accuspray but do use a DeVilbiss FLG with a 1.3. I spray 1.5 turns out on flow. Very little paint. One pass left to right then ine pass at 90°. Just enough to see a change in color. Looks kinda translucent greenish gold when it sets. Very thin.

I used the Accuspray gun on my painting. If you use too small of a tip, it is easy for the paint to dry before it has a chance to lay out - if it is warm. I found I was a better painter with a larger tip.

I am not completely sold on the accuspray but it sure is easy to clean.

Thanks Larry. I followed your lead with the 1.3, used two turns on the flow and 1.5 on the fan. Worked like a Boss.

Back