What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Introduction

Hey, all! I just wanted to take a second and introduce myself to the group. I recently ordered a -14A empennage kit and the tool kit from Cleaveland will be here Wednesday. I'm a first time builder, but I'll have some help from my dad and my girlfriend, so it will be a team effort. I've ordered both practice kits from Vans so I hope to be driving the first rivet by this weekend. I live in the Pensacola, FL area so if there are any builders - or even just the curious - around that want to check out the build or share tips I'm all for it! My build log is here:

http://7echocharlie.com/

It's not much yet, but soon to be filled with lots of posts about the build! I'm looking forward to building and participating in discussions here on the forum!

Thanks,
Eric

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the madness!

I'm building a -14A in the Orlando area. It's a hike from Pensacola, but you're more than welcome to visit and see the project whenever you'd like.

Good luck!!

Hi Eric,

Welcome to the madness!

I'm building a -14A in the Orlando area. It's a hike from Pensacola, but you're more than welcome to visit and see the project whenever you'd like.

Good luck!!

Too bad I didn't post this a couple of weeks ago; I was just down there! I'll be back through that way toward the end of summer so maybe I can stop by then!

Too bad I didn't post this a couple of weeks ago; I was just down there! I'll be back through that way toward the end of summer so maybe I can stop by then!

Just say the word. In the meanwhile, if you ever want to ask a question offline or would like to run something by me (former EAA Tech Counselor & Flight Advisor and RV repeat offender), please feel free to PM me anytime.

Just say the word. In the meanwhile, if you ever want to ask a question offline or would like to run something by me (former EAA Tech Counselor & Flight Advisor and RV repeat offender), please feel free to PM me anytime.

Ohh, you're playing a dangerous game, my friend! :D

Just kidding! I'll likely take you up on that offer at some point, but I'll reserve that for a real problem/question. Thanks for the offer!

Welcome Eric!

We'll help all we can to steer ya through 'the madness'. <g>.

We've all been there. It's doable!!!!

v/r,dr

Welcome from another -14 builder in Washington State. I'll be picking up my engine/prop/FWF kit from Vans in two weeks.

You're gonna love the -14 kit. It's definitely a well designed product!

Welcome aboard VAF. You've now forever changed your life and all for the good. I'm just across the Bama line in Foley. I have a 7A that I built. I keep it at the Foley airport. I know there are several over in the Pensacola area with RV's. You're going to enjoy the journey!

Again,
Welcome aboard!

Last edited:
You're in for a very rewarding adventure. I'm on my second build and the -14A is remarkable to build. I'll be following your blog.

Welcome aboard VAF. You've now forever changed your life and all for the good. I'm just across the Bama line in Foley. I have a 7A that I built. I keep it at the Foley airport. I know there are several over in the Pensacola area with RV's. You're going to enjoy the journey!

Again,
Welcome aboard!

If you ever feel like taking me for a flight in that 7 I'd be more than happy to pay my share! [/shameless_plug] :D

Back