What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kate's panel-to-subpanel cover for tip-ups?

Kate's business is picking up. Now she has a choice of fabric. I received samples yesterday and chose #3 Dark Tan. All samples are numbered and look great! Thanks Kate!

fabricsamples1.jpg

fabricsamples2.jpg

Kate,

The cover arrived last week and looks great! Now to go and fit it to the plane!

Thanks!

Kates covers

Finally the 4 covers arrived today. Thanks for the help Doug. She does very nice work, just be very patient. :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Kate is still in the business of making these covers? I tried contacting her at the email in this thread but got no response.

I emailed about a month ago too and didnt get a response. Maybe the business got too big too fast?

I got one

Hi Jeff,

Kates Covers are a little like Catto's props. ;) You need to order them a long ways out. I got mine just before we left for the Bahamas in May. Which was good timing as the plane would be outside the whole time. I had ordered in December of last year.

It really does fit well and looks good. It also keeps the water off the radios. On our last trip to Florida it poured the whole week. When we opened the plane up all the electronics were dry. Nice! :D

She is a bit slow at getting back to you though, but worth it if you don't mind the wait.

Scott

Does anyone know if Kate is still in the business of making these covers? I tried contacting her at the email in this thread but got no response.

Looks like Kate has stopped making these covers...

Does anyone have another source?

Original-recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Final-recipient: rfc822;[email protected]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns;mta6.am0.yahoodns.net
(TCP|17.158.232.237|45586|66.196.118.34|25)
(mta1180.mail.bf1.yahoo.com ESMTP YSmtpProxy service ready)
Diagnostic-code: smtp;554 delivery error: dd Sorry your message to
[email protected] cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or
discontinued [#102]. - mta1180.mail.bf1.yahoo.com

Funny we just talked about this the other day, contact Grady at GloCustom for more info (he advertises on this website).

BTW I've never received my cover and I need it. Somebody got refund? :)

I was thinking if flying down to you and making a template of yours...:eek::eek::eek::eek: Then taking it to an alterations shop for the sewing part..

I got lucky and did receive my cover. It has faded from Grey to some color of Green. I have asked my wife to make me one out of black material.

Not sure what went wrong here...Sorry all you guys lost your money!

I sent e-mail...about 2 yrs ago...no reply.:( Made my own. Probably better, definitely cheaper.:)

Perhaps Doug can find some answers?

Perhaps Doug can contact her? She's local to Doug (us, here in DFW). I'm thinking her husband still performs the annuals on Doug's plane- if memory serves me correctly. ?????

Doug, if you can contact her, I'd be appreciative if you'd forward her a message: if she no longer wants to be in this business, ask her if I can buy her patterns. I have the means to whip these things out in a VERY timely manner. In return, anyone who has previously paid her and not received their cover, will be top priorities. I sent her an email too (asking this very thing) but no reply. Hopefully everything is OK with her.

Take care,

Email for the Grady's

James,

You are correct. We will be producing RV cover very soon. I am setting up now and will start taking orders in a few weeks. I will send a email with all the information when covers are ready to be shipped.

Thank you,

Angie O'Neal

http://www.glocustom.com
ajo1959 'at' live dot com

Back