VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 11-04-2018, 11:31 AM

Default RV8 community

Hello to the southwest US Vans community!

I live in Reno and have been actively searching for an RV-8 or RV-8A. I’ve got experience in an RV-4 dating to 5 years back but I am looking for an 8 that might not have made it to the market yet. Perhaps you guys know of a friend or hangar mate that is building another plane... or is looking to switch types for whatever reason. I am aware of the airframes on the market now and there are some good candidates. I am still interested to see if that “just right” 8 is out there on the edge of being offered for sale.

Since our RV’s are like family, some background on me: I’m a regular professional and GA flyer, over 16,000 hours, flying as PIC or crew for 30 years but have been flying and building model planes since age 8 along with bumming rides in taildraggers all through midle and high school. I am detail oriented, treat my equipment with care and upgrades. Anyone’s pride and joy would find a good home and carectaker in me.

My ideal 8 would have a Lycoming IO-360 parallel valve with low hours and calendar date from major overhaul (or since new). CS nice but fixed pitch cruise prop ok as well. I am really interested in a well built, straight airframe. I do not require nor necessarily want heavily performance boosted engines, I will be flying over mountainous terrain so reliability is something I am looking for. Good history of consistent operation and oil analysis history is a plus.

Some items that are really “preferred” but not deal breakers... I look for a graphic presentation on EIS and I like the newer panels, or an older panel that is priced for upgrade.. I am looking to ensure I can get enroute and non precision approach GPS capability “sooner than later”.. VOR/ILS not required. While panels can be upgraded, we all know this is a slippery slope. The moral of that story is I am flexible. But my mission will eventually entail using a basic IFR enroute and non precision rnav approach capability about 10 percent of the time in fair weather, high ceiling maritime areas. The rest of the time I will be high and dry up in the mountains with unlimited VMC day snd night..

Thanks to all fof the consideration. If your buddy, neighbor or acquiaintance is looking longingly toward another plane or thinking about letting their RV-8 or RV-8A find a new care taker, please pass my name to them or pass them along to me! PM or email contact available on my profile or edputnam747@gmail.com

Fly Safe to all-
Ed

Last edited by Eddie P : 11-13-2018 at 10:52 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:09 AM

PM sent,
DJ