What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

20 years in our RV-4

Gary,
We enjoyed this delightful review of your build and flight adventures. Many of the pictures reminded us of our RV4 build and subsequent utility of this great little plane. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Hans

Just excellent. I bought a RV-12 from original builder and hope to keep it for a very long time and form wonderful memories. I'll snap pics along the way. Good one...

Thanks for the inspiration. I'm 2.5 years into my build and still seeing a mountain of work. It helps to see the possible future joys ahead.

Thanks for the video!! Exactly the kind of things I want to do when my build is done. Unfortunately I just started.

Great video. I am in the first year of flying my 200 hp RV-4, and loving it. I just got back from Maine two hours ago(parked next to a Rocket and an RV-10). I still am impressed that it flies and that I built it. Loved the pics... Especially of the shipping crates. Congrats.
Ps-love the paint job, mine is very similar.

If that's not a rivet-pounding cheer-leader, nothing is! Thank for sharing the memories and for the motivation!

Great Video!! I know where the nighttime photos were taken, so glad to have met you 2 and hearing some of those x/c-camping stories first hand.

Thank you for sharing that time capsule.

I'm approaching my 10 years in July and am absolutely amazed at how that time has flown by (pun intended ).:D

Reflecting back at all the places the RV magic carpet has taken us...

It's been said many times, "Keep pounding those rivets".
It's an incredible journey.

Awesome Video.

Gary,

Love the video. That is how to enjoy and airplane! Al the best on adventures to come!

Jeff

Great video

Wooden jigs bring back old memories of how we did it in the good old days.
I remember the EAA presentation you did about extracting it through that
basement window !! Call and we'll meet for BBQ.

Doug McMullin
RV-6
Ottawa,Ks.

Wow. Sally and I are a bit overwhelmed by all the kind words.

Someone once said that a beautiful sunrise is more beautiful when shared with others. I think that is the case here.

Thanks for all your warm comments.

Blue Skies and Tailwinds to all gathered here on the front porch sharing your experiences with us.

Just getting broke in...

20 years in our RV-4. It has been a blast to have such a great little bird in our family. Cheers to the RV community for all the help over the years.
https://vimeo.com/153689238

Gary,
Awesome video!
My RV4 turned 20 last July. Seems like yesterday (1989') when I plunked down $250 for the empennage kit. Tempus fugit...
Congrats, us "hole drillers" are getting to be a rare breed!
V/R
Smokey

I like the backcountry too...:)

Last edited:
Back