What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FltPlnGo & EchoUAT?

RobertD

Well Known Member
while WingX sorts out its GPS issues with the new update I'd like to find something else to use with my EchoUAT/Safelfy ads-b unit.

Anyone using the FltPlnGo app with an Echo? I know it's a Garmin product but on the website it lists under ads-b connectivity something called an EchoUTC. Within the app external equipment list, however, there's no mention of Echo. I'm thinking maybe the stratux setting might work and will try that next time I'm in the air unless someone has a better idea.

If WingX doesn't get it sorted pretty soon I'll be looking for a new EFB ...

thx

FltPln Go + Echo

I use this setup all the time. You need to select PingBuddy under the external tab, also make sure you have the GPS setting set to use ADSB and not the device GPS. Make sure your device is connected to the Ping WiFi.
Works great!

I use this setup all the time. You need to select PingBuddy under the external tab, also make sure you have the GPS setting set to use ADSB and not the device GPS. Make sure your device is connected to the Ping WiFi.
Works great!

thanks! Tried it today and it does indeed work well. I've got to do some learning about the app but it seems to have pretty much everything I need.

Still no word from WingX so I may be using this app for a while ...

Back