What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NavWorx Customer Service

db8

Well Known Member
Would just like to make a post on a very nice experience I had in dealing with Bill Moffit (owner) at NavWorx. There has been plenty of discussion on ADS-B and NavWorxs on this forum, so I won't rehash that or how happy I am with the unit and the information it provides.

It gets pretty tight under the glareshield of an 8 (as many of you know). I had to rewire some harnesses to get the GRT, NavWorx and Garmin 327 to not "echo" when squawking something other than 1200. I have lived with it for a while, but have dreading having to do it for a year. The time came to get er done, so I got it all done one afternoon/evening (with some curse words with the cramped quarts).

A few days later when I was trying to get it to work properly and having trouble, I called Bill for help. He patiently walked me through, but it still wasn't working like it was suppose to. He said to send it to him and he would make sure all was good.

When I took the unit out to send it back, I noticed what could have been the problem. One of the pins on the 37 male adapter on the unit was bent real bad and touching the metal housing (grounding out I'm sure). I did this when I was using brail through feel to push it back in. I had a difficult time of it (had to push hard), but ending up thinking all was well.

I sent the unit to him and explained my bafoonery. He said it might take a while because it is tedious and time consuming swapping out the plug. So now I'm seeing dollar signs like a slot machine.

I just got the unit back today, and there was no bill accompanied with it. I called him to ask what I owe, and he said nothing. I was one of the original purchasers, so I have had it for 2 1/2 years I believe. He said they stand behind their product and will make anything right (unless obvious abuse). I told Bill that I would qualify my mistake under abuse as it was totally my fault.

Anyway, just want to pass along what great customer service Bill provides. I have chatted with him on several occassions because of the "growing pains" of a new product and integration with many different systems, and he has always been professional and courteous. It's a great product, and it's always a bonus now-a-days to have excellent customer service at the same time.

Dave
PS He even paid for shipping and wouldn't let me pay him back for that!

Last edited:
+1

Agreed, bill worked diligently to resolve my issues as well. My unit works great and I love having it for wx and traffic! Great product!

+1

Dave, I agree 100%. I also had an early unit and Bill told me that they needed to be upgraded. Not only was there no charge to upgrade, but he also paid UPS shipping both ways.

Could you explain your wiring issues related to the echo. I am getting ready to replace my transponder with a 327 so that the ADB-S can share the squawk code.

Kent

Back